Giant Danio Gravid or Sick ?

Heron

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
One of my giant Danios which I keep in a community tank has had a sudden change of behaviour, It is swimming around more slowly and not going to the surface to eat when I drop the food in. Im pretty sure its a female and it has swollen a bit in the last couple of days so I think it may be gravid. I have had gravid females before and usually the males chase them around but this one is on its own. Has anyone had danios act like this before dropping or is my fish just sick? Tank parameters are good and have not changed recently. this fish is slightly more coloured than the others but it always has been. it is somewhere between 18 months and 2 years old. I don't have a spare hospital tank at the moment so I don't want to isolate it unless I really have to. I know the other fish will eat any eggs but that's ok as I don't want any more fry to deal with at the moment.
danpreg.jpg

I know this picture is poor but its the best I could take. its actually green with blue and gold stripes but this hasn't come out in the photo for some reason.
Thank you in advance for any advice.

OP
Heron

Heron

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Update, a few hours later I checked the tank and the fish was dead, so I guess it was ill.

New Threads