Giant Daino Breeding? Help

1. iancrayguy

iancrayguy Valued Member Member

Hi so I have 5 giant dainos for a while now and I noticed that a few minutes ago and there still do it 2of them 2 of them are side by side and shaking and on one her bottom looks large is this breeding if is can I have advice Image1527523340.456532.jpg

2. finnipper59

finnipper59 Well Known Member Member

Danios are classified as types of minnows that come from fast moving streams. Once they swawn, they leave the eggs to hatch annd fend for themselves. I would put some kind of small plants on the bottom, even if it's any species of moss rubber banded to a rock. And just at least a small amount of floating plants. If you notice any eggs, cover your filter intake tube with a lady's knee high stocking so the newly hatched fry don't get sucked in. But don't get your hopes up too much. Not only might eat the eggs, but the hatched fry too unless the fry can manage to hide in the plants or somewhere.

3. OP
    OP
    iancrayguy

Ok sounds good I will do that!

4. OP
    OP
    iancrayguy

But what would the eggs look like? I have sand in my tank so I might be hard to see

5. finnipper59

finnipper59 Well Known Member Member

They will be very small, but they will be smoothly oval to rounded and amber colored. Any that don't get fertilized will turn white.

6. OP
    OP
    iancrayguy

Ok thanks!