20 Gallon Tank Giant Betta community?

StanV
So I have a 20 gallon tank TALL. and I am going to put a giant betta in it in maybe a few weeks (when I can find one in store). Can I put neon tetras in it as well? If so, how many? And also can I do shrimps, if so which species and how many and maybe Aldofoi Corys? can I do all 3 of those species with the Giant betta in a 20 gallon tall? *Im not doing a planted tank, but I can add fake plants*

bcsay720
How tall is the tall? I wouldn't put in a lot of other fish if it's tall, since there could be fewer ways to break up sightlines in case the betta is more aggressive. The benefit of tall, though, is that the water column is more defined. I would definitely say you're good with bottom dwellers and inverts (though get a larger breed of shrimp so the betta can't fit them in its mouth).

StanV
bcsay720 said:
How tall is the tall? I wouldn't put in a lot of other fish if it's tall, since there could be fewer ways to break up sightlines in case the betta is more aggressive. The benefit of tall, though, is that the water column is more defined. I would definitely say you're good with bottom dwellers and inverts (though get a larger breed of shrimp so the betta can't fit them in its mouth).
L X W X H = 24" x 12" x 16"

And what type of shrimp would be good?

bcsay720
Ammano is probably big enough. So that size or bigger.

StanV
bcsay720
They should be. They're algae eaters, so they'll clean your decor. But they should also be given algae wafers.

Pfrozen
I would say no... one single amano might be able to find enough food in a 20H with fake decor but ideally you would want to have live plants, driftwood, etc for them

bcsay720
Pfrozen said:
I would say no... one single amano might be able to find enough food in a 20H with fake decor but ideally you would want to have live plants, driftwood, etc for them
Ah that's true. I forgot that when I had mine, I had a mix of live and plastic....

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom