Giant betta community?

StanV
Hello, I have a 20 Gallon tall aquarium. Right now I have nothing in it. I’m going to put a Giant Betta in it, but I was wondering if I could do neon tetras with it, if so. How many can I do? And can I put corys with it as well? I like the way neon tetras look but but I also like the Corys at the bottom. I really like the Julii Cory and Panda Cory.

Betta'sAnonymous
6-8 neons probably. 6 cories. Add the betta last so he doesn't get to necessarily choose the whole tank as his territory.

StanV
Betta'sAnonymous said:
6-8 neons probably. 6 cories. Add the betta last so he doesn't get to necessarily choose the whole tank as his territory.
What type of corys? And what if I want to do like 2 corys can i do more tetras?

GuppyOverlord11
Cories are schooling fish and are best kept in groups of 6. You *could* do less than that, but it's best for them to have more friends.

StanV
GuppyOverlord11 said:
Cories are schooling fish and are best kept in groups of 6. You *could* do less than that, but it's best for them to have more friends.
Would 3 or 4 be okay, like 2 julii and 2 pandas? I’d like to have a bigger school of neon tetras if it’s possible. And also do I have to add decorations ?

GuppyOverlord11
ANY betta community tank should have lots of hiding spots for the betta and the other fish IMO. I don't know much about cories, but I think they have to be the same kind.

Betta'sAnonymous
Definitely best if the cories are all the same kind. You may be able to get away with 10-12 tetras. If it is a 20 long, definitely could. A 20 tall isn't quite so long length wise so kind of get the crammed-in thing going a lot sooner.

Top Bottom