Ghost vs Glass Question

1. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

A friend of mine on another forum is looking into getting these (in a school, obviously), but we are both stumped on if they are the same, or if one is smaller. Silly common names....!

2. TmacD Member Member

Wait! you're on more forums than this?!?! When do you go to class?

I'm pretty sure they're the same.

3. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

LOL The other forums I'm not very active on, either because I'm just not, or in the case of the forum the friend I'm asking for, its not very active.

Thats what I was thinking, but he wants to be absolutely sure before he goes out and gets any.

4. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

Kinda the same but scientifically No There not the same see it Here:

Glass Catfish is different from any other typical fish that you have seen, in the sense that you can actually see through to their internal body. It is sometimes synonymously called and referred to as a "ghost catfish" because of its eerie appearance that shows the bone and stomach of the fish but however, both fishes are actually two different species which are closely related to each other. Glass catfish with its scientific name of Kryptopterus bicirrhis differs from the ghost catfish (Kryptopterus minor), in terms of size in which the bicirrhis are much bigger and have relatively longer anal fins. Since they belong to the catfish family (Siluridae), both species also has a pair of barbel located close to their

http://www.newpetfish.com/2010/02/glass-catfish-compatibility-care-info.html

5. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

That did the trick! He says thanks :)