ghost shrimp

gilly2402

Valued Member
Reaction score
hi guys i want to ask a quick question im thinking of adding 2 ghost shrimp would there be a problem with the rest of my fish etc see signature for list of fish thanks gilly

Neville

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
hi gilly,

60 ltr means 15 gallon tank and i think u should not add any more fish or shrimp to your tank. ghost shrimps r peaceful but they may fight each other if not given enough space.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I would have to disagree. Adding shrimp is fine, they are VERY low waste producers. You can try them but your fish shouldn't bother them, though it's possible they might, it varies from fish to fish. If you do get them you need to provide dark hiding places for them so when they molt they can hide since when they molt they become easy food for fish so need a place to hide. Besides that they are relatively easy to keep eating leftover food on the bottom. I believe you said you had a common pleco in your tank, you will want to rehome that soon, they grow fast and will wreck your tank with their big body.

gilly2402

Valued Member
Reaction score
thanks for advice guys i have a friend who has a 250 gallon tank who will be taking the plec off me when its a decent size which is when i will get another smaller one this is good coz the size it is at moment it would look like a minnow in his tank
still debating regarding shrimps wether to or not will let you know decision soon

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom