Ghost shrimp

Cara

I am fascinated by these creatures. A spur of the moment 49 cent investment....pure enjoyment

Kribensis27

I love these guys!

RayClem

Unfortunately, ghost shrimp are often sold as live feeder shrimp rather than shrimp to maintain in a tank. Thus, they are often kept in crowded conditions. Hopefully, yours will survive.

aquachris

I plan on trying to get some to grow out and try to get some healthy ones down a few generations. I don't know why, but I find them fasciating.

JettsPapa

I understand. I had a few in my 40 gallon breeder and enjoyed watching them until the plants got so thick I rarely saw them. You should get a small tank with just shrimp. Oddly enough, I have tanks with nice blue and red neocaridinas, but I almost enjoy watching the cull tank more. I never know what color or pattern I'll see next.

FishGirl115

I love mine too! So cheap and beautiful creatures!

Cara

RayClem said:
Hopefully,
I got my first pair end of September. that pair is 3 now. I got my 2nd pair beginning November.

I'm kicking up a 2nd tank now and while waiting for it's inhabitants to occupy (3 more weeks in qt) I'm thinking to get another pair for the new tank.

richiep

Are you going to try and rare the eggs she's carrying

AcornTheBetta

Cara said:
I am fascinated by these creatures. A spur of the moment 49 cent investment....pure enjoyment
They are very interesting little creatures!

Cara

richiep said:
Are you going to try and rare the eggs she's carrying
I hadn't thought about it. I only thought the environment they were in wasn't conducive for hatching and not really planning a new environment. but maybe I'll research further. or just let nature rule. Atm...I'm just enjoying the show

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom