Ghost Shrimp

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Or you could feed them colored food and watch their tummys turn different colors for instance veggie flakes and veggie wafers are green. Color flakes and shrimp pellets are usually kind of red.
carol

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
They like a variety of foods--both meat and veggie matter. Yes they're hardy--they can be put in a heated or unheated tank. Just make sure any fish in there are not big enough to eat them.

inari

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
good to know i was wondering 'cause i have 1 or 2 bamboo shrimp can't find the larger one that is y its an 'or' idk if my betta killed him and ate him but i can't find any remnince at all and wouldn't there be a leg or something floating around if my betta did kill and eat it i mean the exoskeleton is pretty much undigestable .....

Boxermom

Valued Member
Reaction score
One of my bettas was constantly eating ghost shrimp. Eating the entire things. You'd be surprised at what they can devour.

inari

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
exoskeleton and all?!??! that might be what happened to my bamboo shrimp then .... man i just bought him a $6 dinner jeez i love him a lot but not that much

inari

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
ok well i'll be returning the other bamboo shrimp tomorrow then so he doesn't get a $12 take out meal hmmm shrimp + betta = minus one shrimp man i can't believe he would eat teh exoskeleton too holy **** that is going to hurt coming out later on down the road..

Boxermom

Valued Member
Reaction score
Well I'm not saying he did it, just that its possible. Innocent until proven guilty and all that. They get rather soft and squishy when they've molted.

inari

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
these little dudes haven't molted since i got them and the more pics i look for the ore i discover that they haven't molted yet so all i know is that someone got a huge does of chiten (exoskeleton material very difficult to digest) so we will see if he ate them or not once Inari completes yet another pea diet..

wolfman21

Valued Member
Reaction score
Ghost shrimp are easy to take care of and will eat pretty much anything. They clean up what falls to the bottom.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom