Ghost Shrimp

Discussion in 'Ghost Shrimp' started by Skadunkadunk, Apr 19, 2006.

1. SkadunkadunkValued MemberMember

2. GunnieWell Known MemberMember

They are very easy to keep. They will eat any leftover food on the bottom of the tank.

3. ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

Or you could feed them colored food and watch their tummys turn different colors :) for instance veggie flakes and veggie wafers are green. Color flakes and shrimp pellets are usually kind of red.
    carol

4. 0morrokhFishlore VIPMember

They like a variety of foods--both meat and veggie matter. Yes they're hardy--they can be put in a heated or unheated tank. Just make sure any fish in there are not big enough to eat them.

5. inariWell Known MemberMember

would a full grown betta eat a full grown ghost shrimp?

6. atmmachine816Fishlore VIPMember

Possibly kill it, eat it maybe. Just buy a few and try it, bigger the better. Depends on your fish.

7. inariWell Known MemberMember

good to know i was wondering 'cause i have 1 or 2 bamboo shrimp can't find the larger one that is y its an 'or' idk if my betta killed him and ate him but i can't find any remnince at all and wouldn't there be a leg or something floating around if my betta did kill and eat it i mean the exoskeleton is pretty much undigestable .....

8. BoxermomValued MemberMember

One of my bettas was constantly eating ghost shrimp. Eating the entire things. You'd be surprised at what they can devour.

9. inariWell Known MemberMember

exoskeleton and all?!??! that might be what happened to my bamboo shrimp then .... man i just bought him a $6 dinner jeez i love him a lot but not that much

10. BoxermomValued MemberMember

You're lucky, mine cost me $13 each.

11. inariWell Known MemberMember

ok well i'll be returning the other bamboo shrimp tomorrow then so he doesn't get a $12 take out meal hmmm shrimp + betta = minus one shrimp man i can't believe he would eat teh exoskeleton too holy that is going to hurt coming out later on down the road..

12. BoxermomValued MemberMember

Well I'm not saying he did it, just that its possible. :) Innocent until proven guilty and all that. :D They get rather soft and squishy when they've molted.

13. inariWell Known MemberMember

these little dudes haven't molted since i got them and the more pics i look for the ore i discover that they haven't molted yet so all i know is that someone got a huge does of chiten (exoskeleton material very difficult to digest) so we will see if he ate them or not once Inari completes yet another pea diet..

14. wolfman21Valued MemberMember

Ghost shrimp are easy to take care of and will eat pretty much anything. They clean up what falls to the bottom.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice