Ghost shrimp

1. JessiNoel21 Well Known Member Member

Hello everyone
    I have a question and I hope someone on here can help me. I just got Ghost Shrimp from liveaqua.com and one the shrimp has eggs attached to her. I was wondering if it would be safe to put her in my 3 gal betta tank he has a heater but not a filter seeing he for some strange reason would try to push it out of the tank so I switched to doing 30% water changes every day with TERTA AQUASAFE and he has three Java fern plants in the tank. Thank you for your time.

Jessi

2. James95 Well Known Member Member

Depending on the size and temperament of the individual betta, the ghost shrimp may get eaten.

Technically, the betta and ghost shrimp both need a filter but with plants and daily water changes the set up may be feasible.

Hope this helps :)

3. markah1 Member Member

All I could tell you is that i had to care for my girlfriends betta for a couple days and the betta killed all my ghost shrimp.

4. JessiNoel21 Well Known Member Member

Okay looks like I am gonna put her in the 10 gallon with the danios and pray the eggs don't hatch until I can buy a breeder tank or if anyone knows how I can make my own that would be nice.

5. jdhef Moderator Moderator Member

So she sprang for the bottle of SafeStart out of guilt?:)

6. markah1 Member Member

Lol possibly! I put him in my established tank and surprisingly enough, he didn't bother any of the guppies. He was definitely too busy hunting the ghost shrimp. One night I caught some ghost shrimp harassing him as he was trying to sleep on the sand. Those ghost shrimp paid the price!

7. RTBS Member Member

Yeah I agree not a good mix...