Help Ghost shrimp tank mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackie Frost

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Actually, I think the goldfish will eat the ghost shrimp once the goldies get big enough. (Which will surely happen. I believe the average length of a well-cared goldfish is six inches.) But I'm certianly not an expert on the subject. Personally, I'm curious if corys and ghost shrimp can dwell together.

P.S. Whoops! I thought you meant goldfish! Now I see you're referring to golden danios. Please forgive my mistake. The heat's gettting to me.im

Kunsthure

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
The platy is risky, the others should be ok with older juveniles and adults. My platys were very curious about the shrimp I put in the tank and nibbled on them. If the shrimp were a bit smaller, I'm sure they would've been eaten.

-Lisa

timmygt33

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have a tonne of neons, mollies, guppies and all their fry in with y cherrys which are about nthe same size and habits as ghosts.
I have not lost any at all, even the smallest newly hatched cherrys are ignored or maybe inspected but left alone by all the fish.

I lost 1 cherry ever when my house mate got a free angel from his sister and threw it in and that was the day after i bought my originall 10 and could only salvage 9 so assume it was eaten.

So as was alreay said, small fish should be ok with them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Weekly

Votes: 57 64.8%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • Monthly

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 17 19.3%

Top Bottom