Ghost shrimp not surviving in 1 tank

tuffcookie

I have 3 tanks with ghost shrimps that I got from the same place. In 2 of the tanks they are doing great and I’ve had them for a few weeks.

These 2 tanks use tap water which is very hard. Ph 7.6, ammonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrate < 5, KH 6 GH 11.

The 3rd tank I’ve been slowly converting it to fit caridina requirements since I’ll be getting those shipped to me soon.
It’s a 7 gallon that I put 2.5 gallon ro water in. Ph 7.2, ammonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrate < 5, KH 4, GH 8

I’ve interchangeably moved the ghost shrimp around and the 2 tanks are fine but they’re not surviving in this 3rd. I can’t figure out why

CoryBoi

My ghost shrimp thrive in my 5 gal with a ph of 6.8 but not in the other tanks with a ph of 8.4

richiep

If you are dropping the perameters in the third with the ghost in could be your problem dropping perameters is much more difficult with shrimp, you'd be better off dripping them into tank 3 once you've got the water where you want it

CHJ

You are going to move the ghosts out when the cards move in right? Ghosts love that card flavor... Who am I kidding Ghosts love the ghost flavor too, ghosts are jerks.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
richiep
Replies
Views
abarb
Replies
Views
CanadianFishFan
Replies