Ghost Shrimp Life Cycle

ellenv
I am raising baby ghost shrimp for the first time and it's really difficult for me to find detailed information about their life cycle and behavior online. The mom gave birth to them about a week ago and they were floating head down yesterday in the breeder tank, and now none of them are floating anymore and they're all on the floor. Is this normal?

richiep
Yes they should have morphed into look alike mom shrimp feeding on the bottom

ellenv
Thanks Richie! Do you have any links to helpful information about their life cycle? Whenever I look online, the most detailed I can find is "they will be adults in 5 weeks" with little information about what they're actually like as babies.

richiep
Fishlore can give you as much information as the Internet so there's no need to go elsewhere
Ghost are normally sold as feeders shrimp and generally only live 1 year I suppose their lifespan reflects on the price, over 5 to 10 days they will morph to look like normal ghost shrimp, the more you can get to live now will help greatly on their young being acclimatised like this gives their young a more immune system so they will grow stronger giving their young an even better chance, you need sprunilla to feed the Yong this is important in the early stages

Latest threads

Top Bottom