Question Ghost shrimp in 3.5 gal tank

GeroBetta

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi! I was wondering if I could keep 2 or 3 ghost shrimp with a betta? He currently lives in a 3.5 gallon with a working nitrogen cycle.
0 Ammonia nitrite
5 nitrate
He seems to get lonely in the day, always getting excited when someone sees him. He is a social fish, surprisingly. He is also very peaceful. He sometimes doesn’t even flare at his reflection, just swims away from it. Would I be able to keep just male shrimp or just females (I don’t want an overload) in there? Is there even a way to find their gender?

emilymg

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
GeroBetta said:
Hi! I was wondering if I could keep 2 or 3 ghost shrimp with a betta? He currently lives in a 3.5 gallon with a working nitrogen cycle.
0 Ammonia nitrite
5 nitrate
He seems to get lonely in the day, always getting excited when someone sees him. He is a social fish, surprisingly. He is also very peaceful. He sometimes doesn’t even flare at his reflection, just swims away from it. Would I be able to keep just male shrimp or just females (I don’t want an overload) in there? Is there even a way to find their gender?
I think it depends on the betta. Some will eat the shrimp and others won’t. However if you have shrimplets, the betta may eat those. But that is just a way of keeping the population under control.

BettaBabies

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I’ve had many bettas eat my shrimp, until my current betta. It’s definitely worth trying because it really depends on the individual betta

OP
GeroBetta

GeroBetta

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
thanks for all the responses! I think I will try this out! :)

New Threads