Ghost shrimp in 3.5 gal tank

GeroBetta

Hi! I was wondering if I could keep 2 or 3 ghost shrimp with a betta? He currently lives in a 3.5 gallon with a working nitrogen cycle.
0 Ammonia nitrite
5 nitrate
He seems to get lonely in the day, always getting excited when someone sees him. He is a social fish, surprisingly. He is also very peaceful. He sometimes doesn’t even flare at his reflection, just swims away from it. Would I be able to keep just male shrimp or just females (I don’t want an overload) in there? Is there even a way to find their gender?

emilymg

GeroBetta said:
Hi! I was wondering if I could keep 2 or 3 ghost shrimp with a betta? He currently lives in a 3.5 gallon with a working nitrogen cycle.
0 Ammonia nitrite
5 nitrate
He seems to get lonely in the day, always getting excited when someone sees him. He is a social fish, surprisingly. He is also very peaceful. He sometimes doesn’t even flare at his reflection, just swims away from it. Would I be able to keep just male shrimp or just females (I don’t want an overload) in there? Is there even a way to find their gender?
I think it depends on the betta. Some will eat the shrimp and others won’t. However if you have shrimplets, the betta may eat those. But that is just a way of keeping the population under control.

BettaBabies

I’ve had many bettas eat my shrimp, until my current betta. It’s definitely worth trying because it really depends on the individual betta

richiep

Do worry if they breed if your better doesn't eat them I guarantee the shrimp will

GeroBetta

thanks for all the responses! I think I will try this out!

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom