Ghost shrimp growing

1. FishLover2393 Initiate Member

I am wondering how fast and big do ghost shrimp grow. When I did my research it said only two inches. But my ghosts are getting closer to three now and they are growing fast. When I got them they were all about an inch and tiny. Now they are almost as long as my betta

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry for poor quality pics took them with my phone

2. FishLover2393 Initiate Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Sarah73 Fishlore VIP Member

Well ghost shrimp can get pretty big. 3 inches:) if they are growing that much that means they are molting and eating very well. You should feel very happy:)

4. FishLover2393 Initiate Member

Okay but I have 5 of them in with my betta and they seem to be agravating him. He only stays at the top now. I was told ghosts are perfect tank mates for bettas but my guy doesn't seem to happy...

5. Sarah73 Fishlore VIP Member

Then remove the ghost shrimp. I have never heard of a beta being afraid of ghost shrimp. Does he have nipped fins? Also betas stay at the top because they need to breath air from the surface.

6. Dovah Well Known Member Member

You probably have whisker shrimp which are predatory. If they have freakishly long pincers then it's most likely a whisker shrimp.

7. Sarah73 Fishlore VIP Member

Yes and also they are a light blue color. They kill fish

8. FishLover2393 Initiate Member

No they don't have long pincers and he doesn't have nipped fins. My betta usually swims through the whole tank and around and through the plants and drift wood

9. Sarah73 Fishlore VIP Member

I am confused. You first said he didn't and now you are saying he does.

10. FishLover2393 Initiate Member

He used to swim around like that. Now he stays at the top of the tank.