ghost shrimp food and gender.

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Forums' started by fishaddiction, Dec 14, 2012.

1. fishaddiction

fishaddiction Valued Member Member

I just purchased 10 ghost shrimp for my 20 gallon tall and I was wondering if they needed a special food I have had them before but they never lived long (pea puffer) also I don't feed to much bottom feeder stuff so should I feed wafers for them finally how do you tell their gender apart? because I wouldn't mind breeding though I know they'll be food for my fish also what do they do during spawning condition. Tell me what you think

Evan

2. monkeypie102

monkeypie102 Well Known Member Member

They are scavenges but mine love algae wafers and fresh veggies... as for genders it is that same for all shrimp the female will have a green saddle and will be larger than her male counter parts (not by much)

3. OP
    OP
    fishaddiction

fishaddiction Valued Member Member

A few hours ago I put the 10 ghost shrimp in 6 were eaten alive and ripped to shreds by my acei cichlid and 2 American flagfish 4 are hiding but once my fish are hungry those ghost shrimp are done for are there any shrimp that will stand a chance?

4. C

Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

It's usually not wise to put shrimp with Cichlids.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice