Ghost Shrimp Eggs?

jbenne23

I have one ghost shrimp that is obviously carrying some eggs. How soon should I expect them to hatch/ drop?

darkwolf29a

I bought some two weeks ago, put them in their tank. Some still have their eggs, other have dropped them. So...I can't answer your questions, but do look forward to the answer.

vin

I'm in the same predicament...Not sure how long it will take and it depends upon whether or not the fish in the tank eat all of the eggs or not....

darkwolf29a

The one thing I have been able to find out, is if you provide some place for her to have her fry, she should be fine. My ghost shrimp tank is full of java moss, christmas moss, and java fern...along with A LOT of pvc pipe pieces. I took some 1in PVC pipe, and cut it into random sizes, bought some tees and 90 degree bends, slipped it all together (no glue) and into the tank.I use some of the PVC as "pots" for the plants, and the rest are just kind of there for the shrimp.

I'm hoping to get them to breed a few times, so I don't have to keep buying them.

If I have to do that...I may just turn the tank into a cricket tank, outside, so I have something for my Oscar to play with.

vin

My shrimp hide under the plants and in the submarine that is submerged......I usually see only one or two at a time....Rarely do we see all 6 at once.....

jbenne23

My shrimp have hatched.....I have them in a vase-like thing with a black molly fry. I am sure that they would be able to eat the waste from the fry. They are so small! I was wondering if it would be OK for me to release them into my tank because of their size? They are quite small and very hard to see...They would be very easy for them to hide. I would like some advice!

THANKS!

Latest threads

Top Bottom