Ghost Shrimp Dying?

1. R

Racing1113 Well Known Member Member

Has anyone ever seen a ghost shrimp that looked like this and lived? I got some more shrimp 4 days ago and I'm pretty sure this guy is one of the new ones but they're impossible to tell apart lol. I know they turn white/pink when they die so I figured he was about to die but he's been looking like this for 2+ days and still swimming around and eating.

38e35942faba94a673d79e12a57b49bb.jpg

2. maggie thecat

maggie thecat Well Known Member Member

It could be experiencing a difficult molt. Adding iodide in the form of a liquid supplement might be helpful if that's the situation.

3. leftswerve

leftswerve Well Known Member Member

Hello, is that under a black light(glo light)? If so, what does it look like under normal aquarium daylight? Typically when they look something like that, it is because of what they ate. So if you have ornaments painted with fluorescent paint, there is your culprit.

4. OP
    OP
    R

Yes that was under a blue light for my glofish. This is what he looks like in regular light. The back half of his body is white instead of clear.

96908c9ffdbf52e4f15b42fb84e89589.jpg

5. maggie thecat

That still looks like a poor molt.

6. OP
    OP
    R

How do I do the iodide? In a bath? Or just put it in the tank?

7. maggie thecat

You supplement your tank with it. There's a product Kent Marine Iodine you can add.

8. OP
    OP
    R

Oh ok thanks! I'll check it out

9. Caitlin86

Caitlin86 Well Known Member Member

3 of my ghost shrimp turned that milky color and died days after.