Ghost Shrimp Droping Like Flys?

Discussion in 'Ghost Shrimp' started by phantom, Apr 15, 2018.

1. phantom

phantom Valued Member Member

recently I got 12 ghost shrimp about 2-4 are left but I moved them to a 20g any reasons you think they died?

2. Jenoli42

Jenoli42 Well Known Member Member

Hi, we're gonna need some more information to help.

1. what size tank were they in before?
    2. was that tank cycled?
    3. did they start dying in your old tank or your new one or both?
    4. is your new tank cycled?
    5. what are the parameters (temp, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate) of your 20g?
    6. did you get any other new fish that you put in with the shrimp?

3. Junne

Junne Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome to FL. Sorry about your shrimp :(

Everything stated above.
    You said you moved them from one tank to another? Did you happen to check the ph of BOTH tanks before the move? The reason I say ph is because they could have been very different and depending on how you acclimated them, could be a likely factor. PH swings ( either high or low ) is like altitude sickness in humans and can likely be the cause for sudden death.

Please reply with the info asked above so we can better assess your situation.

4. OP
    OP
    phantom

phantom Valued Member Member

they were in a 5g,was cycled, started dying in the 5 not 20g,new one is also cycled, I have to find the parameters but it was 68-72 usually in the 5g, and there was no other fish added but to just born that day platy fry. Thank you so much for taking the time and consideration to help me!

5. Jenoli42

Jenoli42 Well Known Member Member

how do you know both tanks were cycled?

parameters means things like ammonia, nitrite & nitrate. shrimp are very sensitive.

without knowing those it's hard tho help. do you have a test kit or were you asking your local fish store to test for you

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice