Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

Ghost Shrimp And Tetras

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by abcdefghi, Apr 3, 2019.

1. abcdefghiValued MemberMember

I set up a 10G tank a while back primarily as a breeding / feeding project for my F8 puffer. Unfortunately, after having him for about 6 months the puffer suddenly died, which threw a spanner in the works on the feeding tank. Now, I have angelfish and apistos in my 125G that I am sure would also appreciate a ghost shrimp snack now and again. But, I am not sure I want to bother keeping the tank set up just to feed a shrimp now and then.

I do have a 20G set up though, that only has a group of Bloodfin tetras and an Albino BN pleco. Would the shrimp be fine to live with the tetras or are they also going to be eaten in there? If they are going to be eaten by the tetras, then I may keep them set up as a breeding / feeder tank, but if they will be fine in the 20G I may move them there and tear down the 20G.

Thanks.

2. nikm128Fishlore VIPMember

Some of the small ones, like baby sized, could get eaten in there, but I don't think you'll lose any that make it past half an inch

3. abcdefghiValued MemberMember

OK, about what I would have expected. If any babies are born in there, then they likely are getting eaten, but the larger ones should be good. Will have to decide if I want to move them over, part of me wants to tear down the 10G, but at the same time they will make decent food for the angels if they ever breed.

4. nikm128Fishlore VIPMember

One thing I've learned, the choice that's more difficult to make, or is more of a pain in the butt, is going to be the one you should pick 80% of the time in this hobby