Ghost Knife Fish Tail Bent Help!

Elitegamer25
I am rather new to aquarium so I am still learning!

But I had a question regarding my BGK.
I have had him for about 2 Months and I can't say I noticed untill the past couple weeks, but his tail is bent and I don't know if it is from something I did or if he is sick? He is active moving all around the tank plus I just treated the tank with melafix and pimafix so I don't think it's because he is sick... But like I said I am pretty new to aquariums so I am not sure...

I plan on getting a bigger tank eventually once I can afford to (I didn't realize how big he would get when I got him) but for now he is in a 55G tank, with him are some Dainos, Guppies, Kohli Loaches and 2 Angel Fish and 1 dwarf frog.

I haven't checked the water recently, but last I che led it was good but I plan on doing that tomorrow, so I will try to remember to post that once I get it.

I do an 25% and 50% water change alternating weeks

I feed that tank once in the day with glo fish flakes, shrimp pellets and frog bites, and once at night with blood worms specifically for the BGK.

He seems besides for the bent tail healthy so I didn't know if this qualifies as a emergency...

Any help you guys can give I will be greatly appreciative of!! And Ii am sorry for the bad quality photos I was having a hard time getting a picture of him because he was swimming all over the tank
IMG_20210505_232620_752.jpg

IMG_20210505_232523_745.jpg

Elitegamer25
Help! Please! I don't know what to do or how to use this form....

Jennmariexoxo
Elitegamer25 said:
I am rather new to aquarium so I am still learning!

But I had a question regarding my BGK.
I have had him for about 2 Months and I can't say I noticed untill the past couple weeks, but his tail is bent and I don't know if it is from something I did or if he is sick? He is active moving all around the tank plus I just treated the tank with melafix and pimafix so I don't think it's because he is sick... But like I said I am pretty new to aquariums so I am not sure...

I plan on getting a bigger tank eventually once I can afford to (I didn't realize how big he would get when I got him) but for now he is in a 55G tank, with him are some Dainos, Guppies, Kohli Loaches and 2 Angel Fish and 1 dwarf frog.

I haven't checked the water recently, but last I che led it was good but I plan on doing that tomorrow, so I will try to remember to post that once I get it.

I do an 25% and 50% water change alternating weeks

I feed that tank once in the day with glo fish flakes, shrimp pellets and frog bites, and once at night with blood worms specifically for the BGK.

He seems besides for the bent tail healthy so I didn't know if this qualifies as a emergency...

Any help you guys can give I will be greatly appreciative of!! And Ii am sorry for the bad quality photos I was having a hard time getting a picture of him because he was swimming all over the tank
IMG_20210505_232620_752.jpg

IMG_20210505_232523_745.jpg
BGKF tend to curl their tales under stress or infection. It could also be an injury. Have you tested your water? If not, I would start there. Have you noticed anything else? Color changes, behavior changes?

Elitegamer25
Jennmariexoxo said:
BGKF tend to curl their tales under stress or infection. It could also be an injury. Have you tested your water? If not, I would start there. Have you noticed anything else? Color changes, behavior changes?

The water levels are

Ammonia 0ppm
Nitrite 0ppm
Nitrate 10ppm
pH 8.0

Not really he is active swimming all around the tank especially when I feed them

Top Bottom