29 Gallon Tank Getting Rid Of Calcium Build Up

Artemis2

HI I've have Calcium build up on my filter,hood and now on the glass of my tank. How can I get rid of it? Thanks!(the tank currently has fish in it)

nikm128

Scrub it with a damp washcloth using hot or warm water. You might have to go back over it a few times, but it's pretty easy work

ForceTen

There are plenty products for this issue. Problem is they are toxic to fish and plants.

I have used "Clear" on equipment that can be rinsed well to remove any trace of the chemical.
Hoods, lighting equipment and even filter parts.
This is not something you could do inside a living tank.

Have you tried a good razor blade type glass tool? I finally bought a good one and can verify it removes anything on the tank glass. Beats any brush any day.

Annie59

Vinegar, just soak it overnight and it pretty much will wipe right off. Rinse well and your set. I've done all things I have read to remove that stuff and the vinegar was the only one that worked for me and worked pretty fast and easy.

ForceTen

Annie59 said:
Vinegar, just soak it overnight and it pretty much will wipe right off. Rinse well and your set. I've done all things I have read to remove that stuff and the vinegar was the only one that worked for me and worked pretty fast and easy.
I don't have a vessel big enough to hold the tank cover....lol
Thanks. Sounds much safer though.

Annie59

ForceTen said:
I don't have a vessel big enough to hold the tank cover....lol
Thanks. Sounds much safer though.
You have a bath tub? There ya go! Really lol. I've used the tub before.

Jimmymacs

I've used paper towels soaked in vinegar and had the same results as soaking. Just rinse real good!

kallililly1973

A prefilter sponge a small container of tank water or warm water if your cleaning non BB surfaces and some good old elbow grease

Latest threads

Top Bottom