Getting out of the hobby

ZeeZ
I've decided I'm going to sell all of my aquariums to help to buy something along the lines of a Harley Fat Boy. Maybe a Honda Shadow Phantom or Yamaha Vmax or something like that. A nice cruiser. Gas prices today are just ridiculous and a motorcycle would save more money.

Plus I just watched 3 seasons of Sons of Anarchy and it has me yearning the open road on a motorcycle.

Echostatic
Oh snap.

Well, be safe. Lotsa people aren't gonna see you on the road!

stashattack
April fools?

toosie
All I can say is..... :'(

Wendy Lubianetsky
April Fools I hope, but if not do both, I do.

Jaysee
April fools?

that's what I think

I'm really only posting so I can figure out the new format...

Echostatic
Oh right... I forget about what today is.

Dlondon95
Ohhhh so funny!

blu3dragon619
think of it this way, is an extra 4.50$ for gas worth your life? just soething to think about =) I would stick with a car much more safer just my 2cents =)

pirahnah3
lol that's ym bet as well, I love a good joke thou!

Personally Id like a nice can am to commute on. Then again my commute is usually at least 65 miles each way if not longer.

Tigerlily
Fat Boy for the sound... BMW for cruising. Would still be a cool idea tomorrow (except the part about getting out of the hobby).

jerilovesfrogs
I could think of better reasons to get out of the hobby....

I keep fish
joke? better be

ZeeZ
Yup, you guys guessed it right. It was just an April Fools joke.

But I do want a cruiser motorcycle sometime in the future.

Mike
Yup, you guys guessed it right. It was just an April Fools joke.

But I do want a cruiser motorcycle sometime in the future.

LOL - waiting for one of those

nissan4life
Lol! I knew it had to be a joke! You can have my bike; I need the money to pay for my root canal tomorrow, and I wish that was a joke

psalm18.2
Funny. So how does a legally deaf person get a motorcycle license anyway?

pirahnah3
What does being legally deaf have to do with a license, Any of the tests here do not require a hearing test or even the requirement to disclose hearing loss

bowcrazy
Answer me this: Why are the required to put everything in brail at a drive up ATM? Makes you wonder about those who make up the rules……

pirahnah3
because they could be a walk up ATM.....

psalm18.2
because they could be a walk up ATM.....
Or do what my hubby does, turn the car so I can reach the ATM. LOL

ZeeZ
In NC, a Deaf person can get any license, be it a normal driver's license or a motorcycle license or a CDL license. Deaf people used to not be able to get CDL licenses but they changed that law a couple years back.

Fun fact: Insurance companies did several studies and found that Deaf people are actually SAFER drivers than hearing people are because they pay attention more to their surroundings. Granted, not every Deaf person is a safe driver (me... I can't tell you how many times I've been pulled since I started driving... I'd guess maybe 30-40 times.).

Akari_32

(me... I can't tell you how many times I've been pulled since I started driving... I'd guess maybe 30-40 times.).

psalm18.2
In NC, a Deaf person can get any license, be it a normal driver's license or a motorcycle license or a CDL license. Deaf people used to not be able to get CDL licenses but they changed that law a couple years back.

Fun fact: Insurance companies did several studies and found that Deaf people are actually SAFER drivers than hearing people are because they pay attention more to their surroundings. Granted, not every Deaf person is a safe driver (me... I can't tell you how many times I've been pulled since I started driving... I'd guess maybe 30-40 times.).
Thank you for educating us on this right to drive. I'm sorry I made my stupid comment in this thread.

Slug
Its my turn, the time has come! For the first time in at LEAST a decade I will not have a single discus in my tanks come this Saturday. I'm selling off my last ones. Its sad but I'm ok with it. Discus have been my obsession for the longest time and I need something new. A new adventure. I started this hobby keeping cichlids, various africans and new world and I've ventured through many of them before I made the plunge into discus. Now I'm headed back to my roots, in search of something to reignite the hobby for me, something I can breed easier and drop my water changes back on a bit. Something more active and that I haven't kept before. I began to look at my discus tank with disdain compared to my reef tank, it didn't spark the smile or joy anymore, the discus were quite honestly to boring. There was no life to the tank. I've decided Tropheus might be just right for me. Lots of activity, colorful, fairly easily bred, decent market for them as well, and I can do weekly water changes.

I won't be gone forever, like most in discus, and what I told Disc61, you'll be back eventually. I'm sure I will be back eventually and of course I'm staying around the boards but I won't be keeping them at this time. Who knows it may only last a matter of months, but for now I must do something else. Maybe once I move and have space for more tanks, maybe once I find that spark again. Thanks for over a decades worth of memories discus!

Crunchy
Well hope you'll be back soon!

psalm18.2
We'll miss you!! Stay in touch.

Slug
Oh I'll be here. Not getting out of fish lol just discus.

Anders247
Oh Tropheus. So you are going to acidic to alkaline? Good luck! Maybe Electric Yellows or Blues?

Slug
Yeah Tropheus. I feel they provide the next challenge for me. My pH out of the tap is 7-7.2 so I'll just buffer it a bit with substrate and other media in the filters and go with that! Shouldn't be to difficult.

Rivieraneo
Slug, I've enjoyed your many beautiful discus photos but I understand you position, hope to enjoy your new fish photos

Lucy
Sometime we need to change things up
Looking forward to seeing your new adventure Slug.

virusmk
Good luck with your new challenge.
Sometimes we do get fed up with things that we have and that is in our nature to look for new things new adventures and new calenges. By the end of the day after some time you will know what you need to do

lala29
This made me all emotional!

Hope you enjoy your new venture

Disc61
Slug , interesting, definitely nothing wrong with taking a break. ( I think I was without them for about 6 months). I started out with Africans myself and still keep them along with another community cichlid tank to keep things jumping a bit in the fishroom. Tropheus sound like a great adventure, thought of them myself at one time. looking forward to a tropheus thread in the near future.
Good luck Matt I learned a lot from you over the past 3-4 years and thank you for the many words of wisdom you have passed on to us over those years.

psalm18.2
Oh I'll be here. Not getting out of fish lol just discus.

Yah. Can't wait to see your new fish.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
That crazy fish man
Replies
Views
Demeter
Replies
Views
Nikki Tognetti
Replies