Getting one...stocking? 75 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by benjaminBreaker, Apr 13, 2010.

1. benjaminBreakerValued MemberMember

So after I get my new computer, I'm gonna' buy a 75 gallon tank. It's decided, final, permanent and any other word you could think of...no more changing my mind. So I plan on moving my mollies and platies over to it, then getting a bunch of other fish and making the sexiest community tank imaginable.
    Here is what I was thinking...

4(maybe 6) Red Wag Platies
    4 Black Mollies
    4 Dalmatian Mollies
    10 Neon Tetras
    5 Serpae Tetras
    5 Black Skirt Tetras
    6 Cherry Barbs
    4 Angelfish
    4 Pictus Cats
    1 Pleco
    a bunch of ghost shrimp

Live planted.

I might get 2 more red wags because I have 2 males to 2 females right now...need more females.
    According to the inch-per-gallon rule, the way I figure it, that's 80 inches inches(including 1 inch for ghost shrimp) My first plan was kissing gouramis, but apparently, after some research, I concluded they would just bully all the other fish in the tank...then get waaaay too big.
    Do you guys see any flaws? Sounds good?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
  2. crystalizedNew MemberMember

That sound like a good idea, or just take out a few fishes and adding a little bit more of plants might be good too..but molies , tetras and platies will school well...

good luck !!

3. benjaminBreakerValued MemberMember

I like serpae and black skirt tetras...maybe I should get 5 serpae and 5 black skirts...only adding 3 more inches.

4. crystalizedNew MemberMember

yea 1 gallon per 1 fish works...but i always do it like 2 to 1 ratio..just to give fishes more spaces..just in my opinion ^^ but do what you want to do!!.I am sure it will turn out just fine

5. benjaminBreakerValued MemberMember

Yeah, I fixed it. 80 is a bit much, I kinda' like them a little overstocked like that though. I can handle a little extra work, and I love how much more active it makes the tank. :D

Not always a bad idea, using 1 or 2 gallons to a fish, but when you get to fish that can get large like angels and plecos, you might want to figure something else out. I'm only saying the 1 gallon to a fish rule only works for so long. Besides, 75 fish? That's a lot of fish... :p

BTW, I forgot. I'm gonna' use live plants. :eek:

Last edited: Apr 14, 2010

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice