75 Gallon Tank Getting one...stocking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BennyB

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
So after I get my new computer, I'm gonna' buy a 75 gallon tank. It's decided, final, permanent and any other word you could think of...no more changing my mind. So I plan on moving my mollies and platies over to it, then getting a bunch of other fish and making the sexiest community tank imaginable.
Here is what I was thinking...

4(maybe 6) Red Wag Platies
4 Black Mollies
4 Dalmatian Mollies
10 Neon Tetras
5 Serpae Tetras
5 Black Skirt Tetras
6 Cherry Barbs
4 Angelfish
4 Pictus Cats
1 Pleco
a bunch of ghost shrimp

Live planted.

I might get 2 more red wags because I have 2 males to 2 females right now...need more females.
According to the inch-per-gallon rule, the way I figure it, that's 80 inches inches(including 1 inch for ghost shrimp) My first plan was kissing gouramis, but apparently, after some research, I concluded they would just bully all the other fish in the tank...then get waaaay too big.
Do you guys see any flaws? Sounds good?

Last edited:

crystalized

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
That sound like a good idea, or just take out a few fishes and adding a little bit more of plants might be good too..but molies , tetras and platies will school well...

good luck !!

crystalized

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
yea 1 gallon per 1 fish works...but i always do it like 2 to 1 ratio..just to give fishes more spaces..just in my opinion ^^ but do what you want to do!!.I am sure it will turn out just fine

OP
BennyB

BennyB

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Yeah, I fixed it. 80 is a bit much, I kinda' like them a little overstocked like that though. I can handle a little extra work, and I love how much more active it makes the tank.

yea 1 gallon per 1 fish works...but i always do it like 2 to 1 ratio..just to give fishes more spaces..just in my opinion ^^ but do what you want to do!!.I am sure it will turn out just fine
Not always a bad idea, using 1 or 2 gallons to a fish, but when you get to fish that can get large like angels and plecos, you might want to figure something else out. I'm only saying the 1 gallon to a fish rule only works for so long. Besides, 75 fish? That's a lot of fish...

BTW, I forgot. I'm gonna' use live plants.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • Weekly

Votes: 88 66.2%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 15 11.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 24 18.0%

Top Bottom