Getting new tank? (hopefully)

jinx_beta

Valued Member
Reaction score
Aquaone has proved a great brand of aquarium products in my opinion.
Do any of you have:

AR980 Curved Glass Aquarium

Its:
- 99x47x60cm
- 215 Litres Capacity
(or 56.8 Gallons!)

Have any of you experienced any problems with this design? Is the curved glass going to distort the fish?
Any other good models of aquariums would be appreciated!
My wall space is up to 180 cm (or for you who use inches: 70.8!) but I'd preffer 1 metre.

Your confused pal Kristyn 8)

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The only problem I've heard about curved glass is that it is harder to clean...you can't use those magnet cleaner thingies on them.

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I have an AquaOne 320 aquarium, and I too think it is a great brand. Mine has a curved front, and I use a magnet cleaner and it works just fine, infact it works better than just trying to get it off with a sponge.

Gwenz

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Those magnets do work on a curved surface? I thought I'd heard that they didn't, but never mind that.

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Mine works on a curved surface, but maybe it depends on what size the tank is, because the bigger the tank the bigger the curve is going to be. My tank is only small so the curve is not realy so big, so maybe that is why it works. Maybe it also depends on the magnet. All I'm saying is, that my magnet works on a curved surface. It might be different with other tanks.

Gwenz

AlphaOmega

Reaction score
I have the 980

Looking at it straight on it doesnt distort, but if you're trying to place rocks, plants, etc in the tank looking at it from the extreme above angle it magnifys everything meaning you have to place it roughly where you think it should go then take a step back and make adjustments as necessary.

Very good tank for the price i paid for it

One thing i dont like about it though is the built in filter at the back, it never seemed to work as well as my old external one, so I use it instead.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom