Getting New Fish In The “mail”

FishFor2018
So I want to get 2 more emerald corydoras for my tank and wanted to know if I can do 2-3 day shipping. I’m getting them from TRIN’s tropical fish along with some plants. I don’t have the money to spend $50 for overnight shipping. Will they be so stressed from being in a bag for 2-3 days they will die?
Thank You!

Aqua 59
They will definitely be very stressed. If it's a very reputable seller that cares about their animals, and weather conditions are not too extreme, they might make it.

FishFor2018
Should I not get the cories then?

Aqua 59
I would look and see if there are any other sellers that are shipping from closer so there is less risk of DOA fishes.

FishFor2018
I would look and see if there are any other sellers that are shipping from closer so there is less risk of DOA fishes.
Okay thanks!
I would get them from PetSmart But..... I always see them dead in the tank :/

SixThreeOh
You're in Florida... You could scoop them out of the nearest lake. Why are you ordering fish?

Bryangar
Okay thanks!
That’s why you use a QT

Fashooga
Okay thanks!
There is nothing wrong with Petsmart fish. I bought some fish there before and they are a little cheaper than some LFS. However regardless of whether it's Petsmart, Petco or your LFS you should QT your fish.

FishFor2018
You're in Florida... You could scoop them out of the nearest lake. Why are you ordering fish?
Really? Will they be health?

FishFor2018
That’s why you use a QT
There is nothing wrong with Petsmart fish. I bought some fish there before and they are a little cheaper than some LFS. However regardless of whether it's Petsmart, Petco or your LFS you should QT your fish.
Just started my cycle in the QT tank so it will be a few weeks

FishFor2018
Yeah they used to have the best quality fish and I ALWAYS got my fish there but something happened and know there tanks aren’t the cleanest and A LOT a fish die :/
The closest PetSmart besides that once is about a 40 min drive. I may get them from there.....not sure yet

JenniferB
For all the people talk about petsmart fish I will say this...… I picked up 7 otos there about a week ago. Nice round bellies. Doing well, have not lost one yet. Your millage may vary. But these are supposedly super sensitive fish that are starved and near death in most petstores.

Fanatic
TrinsFish is responsible, and would recommend it to my friends and family.

FishFor2018
For all the people talk about petsmart fish I will say this...… I picked up 7 otos there about a week ago. Nice round bellies. Doing well, have not lost one yet. Your millage may vary. But these are supposedly super sensitive fish that are starved and near death in most petstores.
Yeah, PetSmart is usually great but I think this one got new management (I’m assuming) because it use to be GREAT! They even had there betta’s in 2.5 gallon heated and planted tanks!

ystrout
In San Diego, Petsmart has terrible fish. There's always dead and sick fish in the tank.

Petco on the other hand has good fish. It may be different in other cities.

Dch48
Scoop Cories out of a lake? I lived in Florida for 35 years and never saw a Cory in a lake or canal.

Dch48
So I want to get 2 more emerald corydoras for my tank and wanted to know if I can do 2-3 day shipping. I’m getting them from TRIN’s tropical fish along with some plants. I don’t have the money to spend $50 for overnight shipping. Will they be so stressed from being in a bag for 2-3 days they will die?
Thank You!
I don't know if sellers still do this but they used to put sedatives in the shipping water to slow the fish's metabolism and calm it down.

FishFor2018
Thank you! I’ve decided to just get the plants online. I’m going to go get the corydoras from the good Petsmart that’s about an hour out.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
svb3290
Replies
Views
ashleyb
Replies
Views
Jakobi
Replies
Views