Getting new betta!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by betta fan 99, Aug 3, 2015.

1. betta fan 99

betta fan 99Well Known MemberMember

It's been a year since my betta, Phil, died:'( and I've been missing having bettas around. I love their personality so I'm going to the LPS on Wednesday to get another betta and some decor. I set up the tank already. It's pretty bare right now but I'm going to get more decor when I get him.

image.jpg

2. happyfins14Valued MemberMember

Yay! I personally love bettas, and even though I'm looking to get a freshwater community, I would never give up my two boys :) That looks like the Aqueon Minibow aquarium, am I right? How many gallons is it? Obviously you have some experience with bettas but I would recommend a five gallon.

And bettas love plants, do you have any experience with live plants? If not I suggest anacharis, java moss, and/or Marimo moss balls.

Good luck!! Bettas are awesome!

3. BornThisWayBettas

BornThisWayBettasFishlore VIPMember

Sorry about the loss of Phil. R.I.P. :'( :console:

Oh but I love bettas, if you can't tell from my name!!! I bet you're excited! :D

4. OP
    OP
    betta fan 99

betta fan 99Well Known MemberMember

I'm really excited! The tank I'm using is an aqueon 2.5 gal. Mini bow. I do have a 5.5 gal. Tank but don't have room at the moment to set it up. But I will upgrade to that eventually. I may put a mossball in it later but my entire 55 gal. Tank is live plants so I may stick to artificial. Also with the moss, I always have problems with getting some kind of pest snail with that and don't know how to get rid of them.

I'm thinking of making this tank themed the walking dead since it's my favorite tv show so I'm going to keep an eye out at the LPS for apocalyptic looking decor.

5. happyfins14Valued MemberMember

6. Anders247

Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

Sorry for your loss. Congrats on a new betta!

7. Dom90

Dom90Fishlore VIPMember

Then you'll have a proven of getting rid of the assassin snails after all the pest snails are gone, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

8. happyfins14Valued MemberMember

Well you can just get one assassin snail.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice