Getting My First Car

scarface

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
KakeHugs said:
To be honest, YES.
I have a minute and a half video someone took of them holding up traffic because they crashed their car. Just their car, no signs of how. I am still amazed, however, I am not taking rides with them driving thank you very much. Freaking terrifies me.
lol too funny. Fear is healthy. It keeps you alive.

wolfdog01

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Ilovebarbslol said:
Good night. Thanks to everyone who comment
I’ve been home for about a week n half. Due to falling from a ladder.
So I went back to work today and everybody showed love esp my boss.
After talking for 20 mins he asked about the results on my road test.
I told him i passed n he smiled n said congrats then proceed to tell me about the car he will give me.
No charge!!
It’s a 2001 Toyota Camry. Sliver with 89,000 miles.
It will be my first car and hopefully everything will go smooth!
I know many people had their lisence for yearsssss so Am the rookie on the post!
It’s never too late or you never too old to learn n be good at something!
Congrats! Your boss sounds a pretty awesome person too
Hope it all goes well!

KakeHugs

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
scarface said:
Oh you're one of those people Lol kidding.
LOL I AM THO. I'm paranoid even when Im driving tbh, I just don't trust others on the road.
I think my paranoia comes from my mom being an awful driver, including a back seat driver and I just want to scream at everything, but hey, at least it makes me a good driver and no accidents so far?:emoji_shrug:

Earlier today I slid on the snow going to Taco Bell (ofc taco bell is going to kill me) and Im laughing but Im also screaming on the inside

NightShade

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Congrats on the car!!! That's awesome he gave you the Camry! Great first car. Dependable, and parts are common.

DarkOne said:
My dad would put me on his lap and let me drive when I was about 7 yrs old. When I got too big, I sat next to him ('70 Olds 98 with bench seat). When I was 11 yrs old, he took me to an empty parking lot and taught me how to drive. I started sneaking out the car at 12 yrs old.
My dad did the same.... taught me how to drive on the beach in his old 1990 Jeep Cherokee when I was 11, and when I was 13/14, he taught me how to drive a stick. I taught my little brother, and we taught our little cousin how to drive a stick shift. (LOL.. that's about where my dads knowledge on cars end. Thankfully, his daughter (& son) loves cars and is quite knowledgeable about them if I do say so myself! Pfft... I know WAY more about them than my boyfriend LOL! Thankfully, he's got my dad beat, because he can change his own oil, spark plugs (if it wasn't a 2005 F150, which needs a "special tool" *rolling eyes at not being able to do it ourselves!*), etc... anyways.. I digress.

BluMan1914 said:
Automatic . I know, I know. I just shamed every person who owned a sports car. But in my defense, I never learned how to drive a stick. I tried once while in the Army....and that didn't work out too well. Don't ask.:banghead:
Yes, yes you have shamed those of us who have had sports cars. If I didn't love my 2006 Xterra (had it since '06) so much, I'd get a Subaru BRZ Stick shift of course!!! LOL!

Just put mud tires on my baby too

DarkOne said:
I learned to drive manual when I was 14 in my friend's mom's rabbit convertible. His parents went away on vacation and left him at home .

When I was 15, I taught my sister how to drive manual in a Lotus Esprit. It was my dad's friend's son's car.
:jawdrop:Uuuhhhh.... Lotus Esprit ❤❤❤ What year? Love those cars!!

scarface said:
lol too funny. Fear is healthy. It keeps you alive.
Lol.... yea, except when your friend is known for crashing cars!!

My first car was a '96 Jeep Grand Cherokee... great truck. Then a 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse (*only because I couldn't have or find a 3000GT! ~ they stopped making them in '99... this was in 2001) now I have an '06 Nissan Xterra - bought it new in 2006, and it's been great. Lol, just replaced the stock battery around 1 1/2 yrs ago! Didn't die on me... but it was showing me it was getting close lol. (But hey, it lasted 10 years!!) Just replaced the tires, they were done, got new brakes as well. Want to replace the calipers only because of rust... I drive it at the beach a lot, and worked down there for a few summers, and even though I'd carefully rinse off my truck after driving (playing) in the sand, it still needs a little help (i.e. rust removal) at this point. I replaced the spark plugs and headlight bulbs myself..... that's the extent of the work it's needed, and that's after what? going on 12 years. I call her my little sandflea LOL... she's gonna have to be a muddy sandflea when I try out my new mud tires though!! Heheheh:smuggrin:

LOL... I could talk cars all day

BluMan1914

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Ilovebarbslol said:
It’s a 2001 Toyota Camry. Sliver with 89,000 miles.
Niiiiiceeee.
89 thousand....that's nothing, that engine is still being broke in. If you take good care of it, you can easily get another 100 thousand miles from her.

DarkOne

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
NightShade said:
My dad did the same.... taught me how to drive on the beach in his old 1990 Jeep Cherokee when I was 11, and when I was 13/14, he taught me how to drive a stick. I taught my little brother, and we taught our little cousin how to drive a stick shift. (LOL.. that's about where my dads knowledge on cars end. Thankfully, his daughter (& son) loves cars and is quite knowledgeable about them if I do say so myself! Pfft... I know WAY more about them than my boyfriend LOL! Thankfully, he's got my dad beat, because he can change his own oil, spark plugs (if it wasn't a 2005 F150, which needs a "special tool" *rolling eyes at not being able to do it ourselves!*), etc... anyways.. I digress.

Yes, yes you have shamed those of us who have had sports cars. If I didn't love my 2006 Xterra (had it since '06) so much, I'd get a Subaru BRZ Stick shift of course!!! LOL!

Just put mud tires on my baby too

:jawdrop:Uuuhhhh.... Lotus Esprit ❤❤❤ What year? Love those cars!!

LOL... I could talk cars all day
I have the old triton V8 in my F150 but they fixed the spark plug issue. It's a bit of a pain to get the back ones though.

I think the Lotus was a '84. This was in '85 so fairly new car then.

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
you people are making me miss my 95 f150. Had it 18 years. I probably had it mud bogging a few too many at the end. That really shortened it life. Now if i could just keep the big diesel running i would be in good shape. Lol.

DarkOne

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I've had mine 6 yrs 10 months. I got it as a new leftover '10 in 2/2011. It was 5k less than the exact same truck but 2011. I think I'm still under 45k miles.

Washed2.jpg

NightShade

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Here's my 2006 Xterra... at the tire place, in front of our train station (kinda see it in the background they actually used it in a movie! It's a beautiful train station) I love my truck!! Didn't wanna (couldn't really) spend the $$$$ to get larger tires and rims, and a little lift... although, I would've LOVED to!!!!! Omg! Really would've! LOL

IMG_8617.PNG
IMG_8618.PNG

It is so awesome to drive on them too!! ❤❤ Feels like I got a new suspension (etc) it's so comfy! Not as loud as I thought they'd be... but I don't ever have a problem turning my music up a little

pRoy33

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Congrats. Only thought I had to add to the equation is to make sure you wash the underside after it snows. Used to live across the border in PA where they loved to pre-treat roads with brine...ya, made for rusty cars. If you keep up with the little things your less likely to get hit with something big.

Marco Rodriguez

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
My first car (still have it I’m 18) is a Subaru Legacy. I think 2016 model and it’s incredible. Definitely recommend

fissh

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Wow what an interesting post!! My first form of transportation was a dinosaur, his name was rex, he lasted many miles, but I traded him for a 1955 Oldsmobile rocket 88, and had fun driving it into trees on purpose. It was so beat up you would only notice the holes in the car, not the dents! Then I found motorcycles and it was all down hill from there!!

DarkOne

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I owned a few bikes too over the years. Now I only have a dirt bike with sumo wheels.

Veno

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
My first car was a 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT, it had its problems so I suppose this is a fitting end.. Darn thing would stall on me, had no working AC (loads of fun in the summertime) and an occasionally working radio.
20141016_155630_1.jpg

My second car was a 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 base which met an unfortunate end (I loved this car) as I was rear ended sitting behind stopped traffic.

My 3rd and current car is a 2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track which has about 75,000 miles on it now, I picked it up with about 11,000 ish or so miles originally in 2014.
20151021_174656.jpg

I will hopefully get something for these Northeast Winters soon, darn snow!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom