Getting ludwigia to stay put in stratum

bored411

So, I recently upgraded my betta to a 5 gallon and while the dwarf sag has decent roots to stay put, I have some ludwigia super red stem plants that are just not staying in the Fluval Stratum. Are there any tips anyone has on getting it to stay put? Do I need to cap the stratum with something (I heard sand just sinks to the bottom so I don't know what I'd cap it with)? Should I look into some nice rocks to put around them in the hopes that will help?

IMG_1050.JPG

bored411

Maybe rocks or some aquarium gravel might work too.
That's what I was thinking but I feel like they'd still just pop right out even with rocks around them since they're stems? Do you think putting them in at an angle and putting a rock over it that way would do it?

BigManAquatics

That's what I was thinking but I feel like they'd still just pop right out even with rocks around them since they're stems? Do you think putting them in at an angle and putting a rock over it that way would do it?
Worth a shot. I was also wondering if maybe using a little bit of line and tying to a rock and burying the rock with the stem might work as well.

PAcanis

I know I've read you aren't supposed to do this, but my last tank I held stem plants together with a rubber band and planted them that way. I put the band on just tight enough to loosely grip the stems. Maybe I'll divide the bunch into two or three. Much easier than trying to plant them by themselves close together.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Fishfriendof315
Replies
Views
SotaAquatics
Replies
Views
Bgreen82
Replies
Views