getting killifish

Miss Mouse

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
i've also been tempted by killifish recently. You can buy eggs on ebay with care instructions etc and they seem fairly easy to keep and i have a perfect tank for them but was just wondering if anyone has hands on experience of keeping them?
Thanks!
Ursh x

Marc

Well Known Member
Reaction score
That entirely depends on what species you get. Some species of killies only live a year (they live in ponds that dry up once a year) while others live for a normal lifespan. They are some very interesting fish.

You should be able to find information on the particular kind of Killie on this forum -
You might even be able to find a few pictures to help you determine the kind of Killie you want!

I'd do alot of research into Killie terms (like annual) and research the particular kind of fish you want. Good luck!

Miss Mouse

Well Known Member
Reaction score
ooh thats crazy! I dont thin i could cope with afish that i knew was only going to live a year long.. too sad! Thanks for the info anyway - I'll have a look

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have 2 batches of eggs that I bought off of eBay just recently. I have been very lucky with them so far. I also don't have to be sad when the fish live for over a year, I plan on either selling them on eBay or at one of the local fish clubs here.
Tom

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom