Getting Fry, what color guppies should I expect

1. B

Blk69 Valued Member Member

I have set up a guppy breeding tank. Have 7 males and 2 Females currently (had 5 breeding pairs, lost a few...replaced with males). My males and females are all different colors. Starting to get some Fry. Was wondering what colors I should expect fry to grow up to be. Are any colors more dominate? Are any colors linked to male vs female parent?

For example if you have a white (albino) male with a solid yellow tail breed with a gray bodies blue tailed female what should the off spring look like? Some like father, some like mother? Some white with blue tails? One of my males has a snake eye tail (bunch of black dots in tail), is this a dominate trait or will the solid tail trump the dots.

Any good resources on the Internet I should check out? I know females can store sperm. Can they also have multiple fathers for a single offspring. All my males give the females a lot of attention. Have a few more females about 6 weeks old. Figured they would start taking some of the males attention.

2. b

bobsr1961 New Member Member

Imo you need more females. 3 for every one male or the females will get stressed out really quick

Sent from my SM-G920P using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

3. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Yeah, your females will be bullied to death by the males.... you need more females.

4. OP
    OP
    B

Blk69 Valued Member Member

My male spend their time trying to impress each other, They do give my ready to burst pregnant female some attention. My other female they leave alone.