Getting Food To Small Bn Pleco

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Invertebrates' started by TheBoss512, Feb 11, 2019.

1. TheBoss512

TheBoss512New MemberMember

I have a 36 gal community tank with a small BN. Even when I had him in the QT he didn’t show interest in API algae wafers. He isn’t now either,even when I find a decent hiding spot for the water. I know he will eat zucchini,but is just that okay? In this pic I’ve crammed a wafer in a driftwood hole,and he keeps passing by without any interest. [​IMG]

2. scarface

scarfaceFishlore VIPMember

I wouldn't be overly concerned.

3. Gourami36

Gourami36Well Known MemberMember

Try feeding at night.

4. OP
    OP
    TheBoss512

TheBoss512New MemberMember

I have,but no luck. He’s super active during the day too. Constantly going over surfaces munching,like he’s in search of something.

5. Samanthaljay

SamanthaljayValued MemberMember

Mine is pretty tiny too and similar as far as eating goes. Sometimes he is interested and sometimes he isn't. He seems to enjoy sucking on my plants, driftwood and filter intake sponge more but every few days he finds what I have left for him and gets super excited. I just keep adding pellets and wafers and remove whatever he doesn't eat the next day and try again. Have you tried shrimp pellets? Mine seems to like those more than the wafers when he finds them.