getting adjusted

1. weljer61 Initiate Member

Hello again all

So I have 2 Angel fish, some kind of bottom feeder (I am unsure of its name) and 3 ghost shrimp.

I just introduced 5 silver tip tetras and a rainbow shark.

My Angels seem to be scared and stick to only a small open space of the aquarium. No one seems to be nipping, the tetras are very active. Is everyone just getting use to it? The Angels are my favorite as they are the first fish I have had so I wanna keep them happy.

2. Kerber23 Member Member

Give it a day or two, if they are still anti social, then i would start to ask my self questions :)

3. AlyeskaGirl Fishlore VIP Member

How long have you had the Angels? Angles can be moody. You added new fish so they are probly adjusting to the activity. I'd wait a few days and see if they come out of their mood swing....LOL....if not then feed them some frozen Bloodworms or Brine Shrimp. They LOVE those! ;) As for the Rainbow Shark, they are best to be kept with other fish of similiar size. When he gets bigger, max size is approx. 6" he may chase the Tetras because they are smaller. Make sure he has a few caves. I think max size for the Tetras are approx. 2". You'll just have to wait and see....maybe it will work out nicely since you added them together! Isn't fishkeeping just fun!!! :D

4. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Weljer. Congrats on the new additions to your tank. I would like to suggest that you keep an eye on your ammonia, nitrite and nitrates as well. Adding 5 fish at one time could cause a mini cycle especially since your tank is new. This is not always the case but I just wanted to caution you about it.

I believe your fish just need time to acclimate to the new surrounding and the new neighors.
    Best of luck and I hope you can share some photos of your tank and fish with us sometime!
    Ken

5. weljer61 Initiate Member

Thank you all for your comments. I do feed the Angels bloodworms every other day or so and they do love them. I make it a point to check my levels every 2 days so I will watch that. I have some drift wood and rocks for rainbow shark to hide in.

I love having fish and often find myself staring at the aquarium for long periods of time. I am definetly addicted, and wish I had not waited this long to get a tank.

On another note will a Dwarf Gourami (I think the one I saw was a turquoise) be ok in this setup? (In a couple weeks maybe)

6. AlyeskaGirl Fishlore VIP Member

Your welcome. I hope it all works out.

My experience is, I had a Dwarf Gourmai in my 55 gallon with my RTS and he started to chase him. The Gourmai was in there before he was. Had to move my DG to the 20 gallon.