Getting A New Tank

1. FishFor2018

FishFor2018 Well Known Member Member

I would like to get a new tank in about a month. I want a community live planted tank but......I've never owned live plants. im thinking a 20 gallon setup with a new stand. Anyone know where i can get that for cheap? Any suggestions for plants and tank would be greatly appreciated!
    Thank You!

2. Discus-Tang

Discus-Tang Well Known Member Member

3. OP
    OP
    FishFor2018

okay i will thank you

4. Brian Rodgers

Brian Rodgers Well Known Member Member

You'll need to check with your local Petco to find out when they do that sale as it is a sporadic event, but man when it happens it opens us up to a lot more options. The 40long is a an amazing tank and offers a great space for plants. The lowness in depth makes even a low light LED work better as there is less water for the light to pass through.
    I hope this helps.
    Brian

5. RainBetta

RainBetta Valued Member Member

Yeah that sale is great. I got a 29G instead of a 20G (had planned on getting a 20G originally) because of the great deal. Were you thinking a 20 long or 20 high? If you're thinking a 20 long then I'd just get a 29G because the stand/light will cost the same for both, and you get more tank!

6. OP
    OP
    FishFor2018

yes i was thinking about that so i might just get a 29 gallon. Thank You!

7. RainBetta

RainBetta Valued Member Member

Good idea! That size opens up a lot of doors for fish species. IMO a 20G is just a big 10G when it comes to fish availability!

8. Discus-Tang

Discus-Tang Well Known Member Member

The difference between a 20G and a 29G is angelfish.

9. Hunter1

Hunter1 Well Known Member Member

Or a pearl gourami.

Love angels but I put a pearl in mine as the centerpiece fish.

And he know it, hangs at the front, showing off!

10. Jessica A Scripter

Jessica A Scripter New Member Member

Angelfish are worth it.. mine was a defective dwarf who got picked on and turned into the tank captain in a few short months. Look on your local fb yardsale sites. That's where the tank deals are. Plant before you stock!