Getting A New Betta Very Soon!

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by orangeclumsy1, Apr 15, 2017.

1. orangeclumsy1

orangeclumsy1 Valued Member Member

Hi everyone! it's been a while since I've posted on here, but I'm able to have fish again so I'm back! I'm currently working on a 10 gallon planted tank that I'm going to house a single betta in, likely a male. I'm hoping to get a plakat because I've just absolutely fallen in love with them lately. does anyone know of anyone selling amy plakats on here? Ill likely buy off of the forums or aquabid! my tank is currently cycling and I'm going to my lfs after work today to get my substrate and some plants. I'm planning on recording my fish stuff and posting them on YouTube so when I get that ip I'll post it as well. and of course when I get home I'll take pictures of what I already have! I do plan on breeding later this year if I am able. betta spawning is something I've wanted to do for a long long time and I'm excited that I have the money and resources to do that in the coming months hopefully! I of course have done my research on breeding bettas and that research is ongoing always so don't worry, I'm not jumping into anything I'm not ready for. Im just excited and wanted to share! thanks for listening!

2. dcutl002

dcutl002 Well Known Member Member

Post some pictures. I'm following...

3. OP
    OP
    orangeclumsy1

Well I just won this guy on aquabid! The shipping address paypal gave was wrong so I emailed the seller with the correct address so hopefully it ends up okay. I'm very excited! I'm going to finish my hardscape today and then get plants tomorrow for the aquascape. Which pelleted betta food should I get? Probably one that the first few ingredients are meats, correct? And I do intend on feeding bloodworms occasionally and perhaps frozen brine shrimp as well. I'm thinking 3 of one of those options each day? Does this seem acceptable for feeding? As soon as I finish the hardscape I'll post pictures of that! YjpXvi.jpg

4. OP
    OP
    orangeclumsy1

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Here's my hardscape! Don't worry about the temp, my heater is coming in on Tuesday. I'll make sure it's up to 78* before I get my new fish in there! Before I scaped I tested my parameters and I'm reading
    pH: 7.6
    Ammonia: 0.5ppm
    Nitrite: 0ppm
    Nitrate: 5.0ppm

I did a 100% water change when I scaped my tank. Tomorrow morning I'll test again and do a partial probably depending on the results.

5. CaptByMoonlight

CaptByMoonlight New Member Member

Ohh looks great :D

6. kwerbach

kwerbach New Member Member

Beautiful fish! Good luck!

7. BlissfulBetta

BlissfulBetta Valued Member Member

Congrats on the new betta! He is GORGEOUS!
    I would suggest Omega One Betta Buffet Pellets or New Life Spectrum Betta pellets. I've heard the New Life Spectrum ones can be hard to find. Frozen bloodworms and frozen brine shrimp are also great options! I think your feeding scedual sounds good! I don't know much about how much to feed. I usually feed my betta 3 pellets a day or 3-4 brine shrimp. Once or twice a week I throw in a frozen bloodworms or two a few hours after or before the normal feeding. Better do best with multiple feeding to avoid bloating. This means it would be best to give him 2 pellets in the morning and 1 at night for example. This is not necessary, but I do recommend it.

8. OP
    OP
    orangeclumsy1

Thanks for the advice! I'm pretty sure I saw the new life spectrum pellets at my lfs, we'll see tomorrow! I also made a YouTube video about my plans for my fish for 2017 if you want to check it out.

9. OP
    OP
    orangeclumsy1

Well my LFS is apparently closed on Mondays, can't believe I didn't realize that before. :rolleyes: So tomorrow I'll be getting my pellets and plants! Today I got some bloodworms from the store I work at since I'm sure he'll be starving when he arrives. I didn't receive a tracking number from the seller, however I did receive an email that I believe was meant to go to the transhipper with a picture of my package and my address along with a few others. I've never worked with a transhipper before so I don't know what kinds of fees to expect but I'm hoping they're not too bad...

10. OP
    OP
    orangeclumsy1

Well looks like I'm waiting until my next paycheck for plants, lol. I forgot about a bill and it was a big one, yikes. But that's okay! The transhipper still hasn't emailed me so I don't know what to do about that... And I spotted some copepods in my tank today!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice