Getting A New 30 Gallon

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by RipCityReaper, Apr 20, 2017.

1. RipCityReaperNew MemberMember

So hey there everyone I'm getting a new 30 gallon and nothing setup yet but I do know I want to do sand substrate and plants (the wife likes real plants lol) and I want at least one school and maybe 2 boseman? So I guess I'm wondering how much and what types I can stock I dont want neons but maybe another really active colorful school fish any suggestions thank you

2. Jett_MetzgerNew MemberMember

3. RipCityReaperNew MemberMember

Thank you kind of also want to know about how many of everything I can do cuz I know boseman get a little big so I'm also wondering on how many number wise lol oh and I also wanted kuluhis as well instead of corys

4. aquatickeeperFishlore VIPMember

What's the dimesion of the tank?

5. RipCityReaperNew MemberMember

That I dont know just yet I still haven't picked it up but it is as far just your standard 30 gallon not a long one either and not a cube its rectangle lol

6. Fishguy76Valued MemberMember

A bout a school of dwarf rainbows.

I have 8 and they are awesome.

7. aquatickeeperFishlore VIPMember

I wouldn't do bosemani rainbowfish in a tank this size, they need a bigger tank and need a minimum of a 4 feet long tank.

You can try the austrailian rainbow.

So, I suggest this stock:

8x austrailian rainbowfish
    6x neon tetras
    1x honey gourami
    8x panda cories

8. Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

I'd do this:
    8 blue neon rainbowfish (australians get a bit large, imo)
    8 red eye tetras
    1 bolivian ram
    8 panda or aeneus cories (don't mix)

Welcome to fishlore!

9. MattS99Well Known MemberMember

Sounds like a cool stock actually. And you can never go wrong with the Bolivian

10. RipCityReaperNew MemberMember

Wow awesome thank you these sound fantastic and I accidentally asked about the boesemani twice and thats before I saw this post so think you I'll try this list

Instead of Corie's can I do kuluhis? And now my wife has mentioned that she also wants angelfish and bleeding hearts is there a few more list you can come up with plz lol I'm sorry I do love this one tho

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2017
  11. MattS99Well Known MemberMember

We need your tank size and temp before we can suggest anything, bud.

12. RipCityReaperNew MemberMember

30 gallon taller not a long and temp between 74 and 81

13. MattS99Well Known MemberMember

Seriously, stabilize that temp.

14. RipCityReaperNew MemberMember

Lol its not up yet but I'm going to keep it around 80 this won't be up and running for a couple of weeks

Tank size is 30in long 12 3/4in wide and 18 1/2in tall

And can I only have one Bolivian ram cuz those are really cool looking saw that they like a mate just curious and also kind of want to do kuhli loach and not Corie's so how many of those could I have as well I'm sorry somewhat new

Okay so I know I want to at least go off 2 angels so whatever list can go with that would be awesome lol so with those I know I want kulhi loach and some sort of smaller colorful schooling fish but not tiny lol and maybe 2 Bolivian rams how many ever bleeding hearts can go in as well if anyone can come up with a numbers list that would be amazing lol and probably need another clean up crew fish of some sort maybe a BN or some otos? Its sand substrate gonna be at 80 degree maybe 79 its not setup yet and also live plants list would be cool to thanks guys (actually I don't think angels will work so what could be my main attraction fish at least 2 of them and a little bigger if possible)

Actually no angels cuz then nothing else can really be with them

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2017
  15. RipCityReaperNew MemberMember

So last night I posted about my new tank that I will be setting up in a few weeks and kind of need some good ideas on stocking list I know I want color and like a main attraction of course. So I put my dimensions on here last night but no one answered so I figured it wasn't getting seen lol so I'm going to need ideas on the bottom fish I dont want Corie's I would like kulhi loach and its sand substrate and temp will be for more warmer water so probably around 80 79 degree and I also want a schooling fish but not neons plz lol and also I like bleeding hearts as well can that be the schooling fish? Here are dimensions again and thanks for all your help oh and a live plant list would be great as well and in these list can you plz include the number of fish I can do again thank you.
    30 gallon, 30in long, 12 1/4in wide, 18 1/2in tall.

16. BottomDwellerFishlore VIPMember

17. CoradeeModeratorModerator Member

Threads have been merged, please only create one thread per topic

18. RipCityReaperNew MemberMember

Okay sorry

19. Sarcasm IncludedWell Known MemberMember

Given the tank doesn't have any water in it, the only concern is the stocking fish be of the same range. Additionally, temperatures fluctuate in nature so it wouldn't hurt the fish at all for the temperature to change over time.

20. vikingkirkenWell Known MemberMember

With the fish you're wanting, I'd suggest:

1 angel
    6 bleeding heart, cardinal, or lemon tetras
    1 German ram (regular blue, gold, or electric blue)
    6 kuhli loaches

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice