Getting a free green spotted puffer!

pinkfloydpuffer

Ok, so there's this guy on another forum that I frequent... I think you can figure out which one. But anyways, he runs a site dedicated to GSPs and he takes them in, deworms them, then sends them out to people who can take care of him. So, he has this little 1.5" GSP named Kiwi. He has been dewormed, very healthy and active. However, due to a move to an apartment that can't hold his big tank, he has to get rid of the guy fast. So, he's trying to find a home for him ASAP, free of charge, free shipping. He can ship him out on Feb 2nd, with heat pack and rushed shipping. I was talking with him about it, they all agreed that an 80g would be fine for 3 GSPs... and I've ordered Biospira to get my tank cycled since it's taking waaaay too long. So, if my tank is cycled by then, I might take little Kiwi!!!
I am so excited. He is adorable (see pic below). Actually I think I might call it a she... we'll see. But, I hope I can get him. Of course, this gets rid of my plan to get an eel, but oh well. Maybe I can add on a sump later to increase tank volume...
Anyways, I am just excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bettafish2816

awww he is so adorable!

ps. I finally got my girlfriend to agree to a dwarf puffer tank!!!!

pinkfloydpuffer

Yay!!! Dwarf puffies!

bettafish2816

i'm SO excited! i'm working on some research right now, and i'm sure I'll have lots of questions. all I really know so far is that they need LOTS of plants to break up the line of sight if i'm going to get two for the tank, and that they eat snails, and that the salinity needs to be about 1.002 or 1.004 (can't remember which right now)...hopefully all of that is right otherwise i'm going to have to start from square 1 again!

pinkfloydpuffer

Actually dwarf puffers are freshwater... but everything else is correct.

bettafish2816

hmm, interesting, so they'll thrive better in freshwater rather than brackish? that makes my life so much easier!

and i'm assuming that that is all I could get for a 10 gallon, correct?

Mike19

haha, nice lets hope it gets cycled in time

pinkfloydpuffer

agabr123 said:
hmm, interesting, so they'll thrive better in freshwater rather than brackish? that makes my life so much easier!

and i'm assuming that that is all I could get for a 10 gallon, correct?
Yep. Amazingly, there are more Freshwater puffers than BW puffers, at least in the aquarium trade.
Yep, 2 is the most I would ever try. They are quite territorial. Also, you could get one and add a few otos. I'm not sure how much bioload otos add. If it's small and you can keep up the water quality then maybe 2 puffs with some otos would work.

Matt

Aww PFP KiwI is such a cutey

I am so happy for you PFP and for agabr123

-Matt

pinkfloydpuffer

Mike19 said:
haha, nice lets hope it gets cycled in time
Yeah, I really hope so. Another bundle of love to join the family

bettafish2816

pinkfloydpuffer said:
Yep. Amazingly, there are more Freshwater puffers than BW puffers, at least in the aquarium trade.
Yep, 2 is the most I would ever try. They are quite territorial. Also, you could get one and add a few otos. I'm not sure how much bioload otos add. If it's small and you can keep up the water quality then maybe 2 puffs with some otos would work.
interesting and great news for me! i'd still like a brackish tank at some point, but perhaps when I don't have to break down all of my tanks every single time I go on break from college (my dorms are closed over all of them, otherwise i'd just stay here with them ). yayyy puffers! I have so many tanks it wouldn't bother me to do an extra water change for it per week, I'll look into the otos.

bettafish2816

Matt said:
Aww PFP KiwI is such a cutey

I am so happy for you PFP and for agabr123

-Matt
thanks!

Matt

Its alright.

Just Remember 1 Thing YOU HAVE TO POST PICTURES!!!

-Matt

Lucy

He's adorable!

pinkfloydpuffer

Someone else put in an offer too, so I don't know if I'll be able to get Kiwi. I hope so, but since I don't know if the tank will be cycled in time or not, who knows?
:-\

pinkfloydpuffer

YES!!!! I have secured my place as first dibs on Kiwi! Soon the little sweetheart will be mine in all likelihood. I am too pleased for words!

CHoffman

Yipee!!!
That's too cool..What a sweet little girl..lol...That is awesome.. KiwI will def have a good home with you.

pinkfloydpuffer

Thanks Cesch
The name KiwI sounds a bit more feminine than Garth and Pistachio to me. But I suppose I'll have to see how he/she acts before I decide to genderize lol.

sticky fish

Very cool... hopefully your new poof arrives happy and healthy
fingers crossed for ya! Woodstock will be excited to hear the news.
Do you know if he might ship them to California???

pinkfloydpuffer

Here's her site...

I am pretty sure they will ship to Cali, it's not that much further than Utah

ShaynaB

Congrats! KiwI looks so cute!

(This is part of your evil plan to get all of fishlore hooked on puffers, isn't it??)

pinkfloydpuffer

Why yes... yes it is... how did you ever know? ;D

And thanks, I can't wait to take him into my happy home.

MeGustaUnaPez926

Oh! That's wonderful! Where are you going to put her if she arrives a couple days before your tank is ready?

pinkfloydpuffer

I think that ZombieFetus (yeah, weird name) will hold her for me a few more days if I'm not ready. But if not, I do have a 3 gallon qt tank and I could maybe divide the 20 gallon (I'm not trusting Garth and StachI to not attack her in such a small tank) But, hopefully my biospira will be here before then, so we should be all good.

MeGustaUnaPez926

Oh, that's cool. I hope you get her!!

pinkfloydpuffer

Me too ;D

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom