Gettin this tank started :)

bass master

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Heres the 20g tank Ive been working on getting fully planted and aquascaped. Right now the inhabitants are 3 swordtails (1m 2f), 3 platies (1m 2f), and one dwarf gourami. The plants are aponogetons, wisteria, anacharis, amazon swords, and 1 small anubias. Most of the plants are pretty new so theyre still adjusting and getting situated. The bottom leaves of the wisteria are actually completely dying off and it has sprouted completely different looking leaves off the top and is growing great. The old leaves off the anubias and swords have all died off so right now they are also in the process of growing new fully aquatic leaves. The apons are probably my favorites right now, the big one in the middle actually just finished flowering and has given off several seeds that are now growing all over the substrate! Hoping the plants start to grow fuller and such so the tank starts to look a bit "healthier" instead of having a number of semi-bare plants... anyways here it is!

bass master

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
swordtails and platies can get along, but there is a chance they can cross breed so some people do not recommend it. Tiger barbs should be kept in a tank by themselves in a large school, they do not really mix well with any other fish although some people do keep them with larger more aggressive fish, but they do not go well with any type of community fish

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Beautiful tank and fish BassMaster! Thanks for sharing.

I agree with him on the Barbs. They are such nippy little fish, I wouldn't risk it personally.

Ken

Jrobber

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I really like your tank setup and beautiful Swordtails, thanks for sharing!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom