Get Rid Of (sell) My Baby Bristlenose Plecos? How Do I

Discussion in 'Pleco - Plecostomus' started by Cowardlyslimeball, Jun 13, 2019.

1. CowardlyslimeballNew MemberMember

i've got 10 baby bristlenose plecos I need to give away (not enough room in my aquarium). Pet stores obviously won't take them, and i don't know any aquarists. Plus, i don't live in the city. Any ideas??

2. waterfish1926New MemberMember

Try LFS

3. mattgirlFishlore VIPMember

Have you checked with your local pet stores? Some will take fish as long as they are big enough for them to sell. They may pay you a little bit for them or at least give you store credit for them. I know my independent pet store will take any fish I need to find a home for.

4. DonthemonWell Known MemberMember

Why won’t pet stores take them? They won’t pay you for them but should take them

5. e_watson09Well Known MemberMember

Most LFS will give you credit. A lot of pet stores will take them if you ask. Some will even give store credit as well.

6. CowardlyslimeballNew MemberMember

yesterday I went to Petco. they said that they"ll take them. Thanks for the help!

7. e_watson09Well Known MemberMember

No problem! If you were closer I'd take them off your hands! I've been dying for some BN plecos!

8. Redshark1Fishlore VIPMember

I've been breeding these for over ten years. Well, its been ten years since I decided to stop breeding them actually and the little devils have confounded me again and again. Its impossible to stop them. In a six foot tank there's always some fry that escaped and become mature.

But one thing's for sure, they are in demand and there is no difficulty exchanging them for other goods at my LFS.

I must have taken several hundred of them. They are all yellow these days with normal eyes as in the early years I took out all the brown ones and left the yellow ones in.

9. CowardlyslimeballNew MemberMember

i went to petco the other day and they will take them. thanks so much for all the advice!