Question Get Clown loach to be more out in the open?

Myyyman

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
How many loaches do you have and what’s the size of your tank? Also what other fish do you have in there?

Noroomforshoe

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Clown loaches are very social. They need to be in a school of six. If you do not have a tank that can support 6 12 inch long, 3 intall, 4 inch wide monster aized fish, consider ehoming it. Clown loaches need a large school in a tropical aquarium, there is no way around that.

Tiger barbs are nasty fin nippers unless they are in a larg school of 10 or more.

Clown loaches, tiger barbs, red tail sharks should not be in the same tank as gfoldfish!!!

idkausernamesoyeah

Well Known
Reaction score
I have a clown loach that I didnt realize would outgrow the tank and didnt know they needed schools if u find someone to take urs could u see if they could take mine too? I can ship it where ever

OP
Ceroloach

Ceroloach

Reaction score
Noroomforshoe said:
Clown loaches are very social. They need to be in a school of six. If you do not have a tank that can support 6 12 inch long, 3 intall, 4 inch wide monster aized fish, consider ehoming it. Clown loaches need a large school in a tropical aquarium, there is no way around that.

Tiger barbs are nasty fin nippers unless they are in a larg school of 10 or more.

Clown loaches, tiger barbs, red tail sharks should not be in the same tank as gfoldfish!!!
Yea ik I don't want the goldfish at all they were bought for nice gesture but I'm aware that they are not compatible with my other fish

Noroomforshoe

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have a friend of the family in Vermont that is head over heals in love with clown loaches, and has a huge tank with a bunch, IDK how many. But I doubt you want to pay for shipping.

OP
Ceroloach

Ceroloach

Reaction score
Noroomforshoe said:
I have a friend of the family in Vermont that is head over heals in love with clown loaches, and has a huge tank with a bunch, IDK how many. But I doubt you want to pay for shipping.
I got a 100 gallon but I want 3 to 5 more I don't really like PetSmart cuz I don't like how they treat their fish but I'mma be looking around

Noroomforshoe

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
look for privatly owned petstores. I somtimes drive pretty far away to find good fish stores. you can always call and ask before you go if they have what you are looking for.
Good luck with your clowns they are long lived fun fish. get then plenty of meaty foods, like bug bites, blood worms, brine shrimp, krill. they will eat anything, but they are carnivours and need extra protein.

OP
Ceroloach

Ceroloach

Reaction score
Yea I have bloodworms I think the only place that I can go to is LA with my wholesale license and get a few more but it's far drive haha

idkausernamesoyeah

Well Known
Reaction score
Noroomforshoe said:
it depends on how much shipping is! like id most likely be willing to I want my pets to be happy ya know that's rly why I havd fish

Noroomforshoe

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
idkausernamesoyeah said:
it depends on how much shipping is! like id most likely be willing to I want my pets to be happy ya know that's rly why I havd fish
Well, let me know, She is a part time music teacher, she has nursed abused animals back to lovable dogs and cats.
the aquarium is right next to the computer in the living room so she or her daughter can watch them all day. her pets are more spoiled and loved then any pets ever.

idkausernamesoyeah

Well Known
Reaction score
Noroomforshoe said:
Well, let me know, She is a part time music teacher, she has nursed abused animals back to lovable dogs and cats.
the aquarium is right next to the computer in the living room so she or her daughter can watch them all day. her pets are more spoiled and loved then any pets ever.
that's fantastic I would love to give her the clown loach!! maybe idk for sure yet what I will do with him but maybe he will go to them!!

Noroomforshoe

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
ok, if you figure it out, and figure out shipping, let me know, any reply to this thread goes to my e-mail

New Threads