German Ram Pair Divorced?

FishareFriends6

I have a pair of rams, they were never technically paired but introduced to each other with an interval, the female first. They liked each other to begin with and the male was curious but gentle with every other creature in the tank. She seemed to show him around and they were getting along just fine. My TDS was too high to begin with and I was gradually lowering it. They spawned twice unsuccessfully and haven’t spawned since.

They seem quite mature now and I’m not sure if they will spawn again. I have done cooler water changes and have the TDS around 90. Feeding them blackworm, Brine Shrimp, Blood Worm, ect.

He is no longer being nice to her. He chases her if he sees her and she seems to hide if she spots him. He doesn’t chase and chase, he does allow her to swim off and hide. I’m not sure if they are actually paired?

She has plenty of areas to hide but they never seem to get on anymore.

I was going to try to swap the male and see if that does anything? Or bad idea? Any suggestions on getting them to spawn?

The female is a black German Ram and he is normal.

TClare

Probably the female is not ready to spawn again yet. When she is they will act like a pair again. Meanwhile she needs hiding places where she won’t be persecuted by the male.

MacZ

I'd probably separate them for some weeks. She looks roughed up and a bit thin. Some time to get back on track would be good for her.
And if you hadn't said they spawned already, I'd be asking myself if she's a sneaker male.

FishareFriends6

Il just try to leave them for a while then :)

I might add some more hard scape while the plants are growing back from trimming. It might help them.

Thank you for the feedback!

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Cale24
Replies
Views
Bwood22
  • Question
Replies
Views