German Blue Rams Tankmates - Opinions Please

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Matthiasfanu, Apr 21, 2017.

1. MatthiasfanuValued MemberMember

would electric blue German rams work in a 40 gallon community tank with harlequin rasboras, panda corys, and cherry barbs? Or would they be too aggressive?

2. MattS99Well Known MemberMember

Aggression isn't the issue, it's the temp. GBRs and Panda Cories aren't temp compatible. Bolivian Ram could work though.

3. MatthiasfanuValued MemberMember

Didn't even think of that! Are any Cory species compatible with GBR?

4. MattS99Well Known MemberMember

I believe Bronze, Steibais, or c.aeunus could work. But I'm not a cory expert.

5. MatthiasfanuValued MemberMember

Thanks! Appreciate it

6. MattS99Well Known MemberMember

No problem. Good luck with whatever you end up getting! Picking up a Bolivian Ram myself tomorrow.

7. MatthiasfanuValued MemberMember

What's the difference between the two? I'm not familiar with rams

8. MattS99Well Known MemberMember

Bolivians are hardier, can deal with lower temps, and a bit more peaceful from what I've heard, and a million times better looking! I'm obviously biased towards them, can you tell? I've never owned a GBR, I think that they are one of the least attractive fish in the hobby, from a visual standpoint.

9. MatthiasfanuValued MemberMember

What do Bolivians look like as far as coloration?

10. MattS99Well Known MemberMember

Mainly a white with a few black stripes towards it's face. The face itself is usually a yellow/orangey color. Some have blue, yellow, or orange flecks on the fins. Just google it!

11. MatthiasfanuValued MemberMember

Just did. They're awesome! And the temps seem to match up better with panda corys

12. MattS99Well Known MemberMember

Totally. By the way, I'm colorblind so I'm not the best source on coloration.

13. MatthiasfanuValued MemberMember

No worries! They also seem to grow bigger than the Germans which is awesome because I want them to be my centerpiece fish

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice