German blue rams sexing

• Thread starter PaulAdonis55G
  • Start date

PaulAdonis55G

Hello guys,

I have these 2 rams for about 3 months now, I was pretty sure at the beginning that I got 2 females but I hoped that one will eventually prove to be a male, but it didn’t.

It is super confusing because the one that looks more like a male is smaller and it is being bullied by the one that has female features

Could you please clarify for me if I have indeed 2 females because if so I will buy one male(hoping it’s going to be a male this time)?

PS: These rams are not soft fishes at all, I’ve been reading a lot about them to see a lot of negative feedback on how soft they are and easy to die but I have absolutely no problem with mine, they are eating like crazy and behaving greatC47D70C5-660B-4628-A2A1-137C7B7C230C.jpeg19B6C628-276E-42F0-9AF9-2CF89E86E9E8.jpeg

Feohw

Fishlore VIP
Both female as they have pink bellies. I wouldn't just get a male, three can be a dangerous number for GBR. If you get more then get 2 more.

PaulAdonis55G

Feohw said:
Both female as they have pink bellies. I wouldn't just get a male, three can be a dangerous number for GBR. If you get more then get 2 more.
That’s great news, I was actually thinking of getting 2 males, thanks for your answer.

Dunk2

Well Known
In my opinion, GBRs get a bad rap for being difficult fish to keep.

You have to start by getting quality fish. And so long as they are kept at a water temperature of around 81 or 82 and good water quality is maintained, they are fun fish to have.

jake37

Fishlore VIP
The key thing is stability. These fishes hate changes including temp changes during water changes. They are said to be schooling fishes but you need a lot for them to school - in small numbers they fight like cat and dogs.

Top Bottom