German Blue Rams Sensitive To Ph?

Millerific

I was thinking of getting a pair or two of German Blue Rams for my 46 Gallon aquarium. I have pretty hard water here and my pH is always decently high. Are rams sensitive to this?

Sea hamster

I was thinking of getting a pair or two of German Blue Rams for my 46 Gallon aquarium. I have pretty hard water here and my pH is always decently high. Are rams sensitive to this?
This article could help:

_IceFyre_

My GBRs live and breed perfectly fine in water with a PH of 7.8. If your PH is similar I wouldn't worry, it's much more important in most cases to have a stable PH rather than a particular value.

Millerific

My GBRs live and breed perfectly fine in water with a PH of 7.8. If your PH is similar I wouldn't worry, it's much more important in most cases to have a stable PH rather than a particular value.
Yeah, that's what I've been told. I was jus wondering.

I keep my tank at around 75 degrees for my white clouds. Are German blue rams fine in that temperature?

kayla.s

From what I've seen and read it more that they're sensitive to ph when it comes to breeding and usually will only breed in soft water.

jenmur

Yeah, that's what I've been told. I was jus wondering.

I keep my tank at around 75 degrees for my white clouds. Are German blue rams fine in that temperature?

That is too cold for the German Blue Ram. They like about 80*. You might be able to do the Bolivian Ram

OnTheFly

80F is getting close to a minimum temp for GBRs. They are a little harder to match up with other species in a community tank. My well is stable 8.3 PH and very hard. They don't care for hard water so much in my experience. But GBRs are tank bred and far from the wild. I use a lot of RO water in my ram tanks, and add some well to mineralize to about TDS 125 and GH 6-8. PH ends up around 7.6 and my GBRs breed.

Kstambaugh11

I keep my blue rams in a community tank that is 7.8 pH. I've had them for about 2 months, they're doing great! Not badfor a beginner fish keeper!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Manjit
Replies
Views
StarGirl
Replies
Views
PBateman
Replies
Views