German Blue Rams 3rd time spawning should i remove ?

1. Sand Member Member

So i have a 125 gallon and the GBR have spawned 3 times now. This is the 3rd time the other 2 unsuccessful.

Can they still be successful in a community tank or do i have to remove to ultimately be succesful also i think the last ones didnt get fertilized.

They're in good spot in the corner except the outtake of my fx6 is close by.

2. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Partly depends on what else is in the tank. If it's just schooling fish, they could be successful. If there are other cichlids or larger bottom feeders, they probably won't be.

They may get better as they spawn more too.

What fish do you have in the tank?

3. Sand Member Member

Other german blue rams and discus rummy nose and neon tetras.

No other fish really go near them. The only thing im worried about is the filter. I noved as far away as i could.

4. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

The discus may try to eat the fry.

Neons and discus aren't temp compatible by the way. The neons will have shorter lifespans, and the discus will probably eat them when they're full grown.

5. Sand Member Member

Yeah ive slowly been catching the neons and moving them. Trying not to stress out the fish so one here and there.

One side is heavily planted where the gbr are. The other is moderate planted

6. Sand Member Member

Im thinking of putting the pot and 2 gbr in my fluval spec v

7. Sand Member Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

8. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

That's not big enough for them. They need a 20 gal minimum. I'd let them breed and remove the eggs or the fry and put them in a separate tank.

9. Sand Member Member

So just put the pot in the spec v?

10. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

That, or you could wait until the fry hatch and are free swimming and then move them over. If you put the eggs in, you'll need to aerate it and add in an anti-fungus med like methylene blue.