German Blue Ram with ich?

kstots

I have german blue rams that I have been quarantining for 5 days, starting last Thursday. On Friday I noticed some ich spots on them and treated with super ick cure and raised the temp from 81-84 degrees. I saw no spots on Saturday. I missed the second dose of super ick cure on Sunday. Up until that point they had been coloring up well and were starting to come out of hiding a little more. I felt they were doing well and were showing no ill effects from the few ich spots I had seen so I decided to hold the second dose of super ick cure for a day since I know they can be sensitive. Unfortunately yesterday I saw a few small spots on one of the boy’s fins and I immediately did a second dose of super ick cure and raised the temp again fro 84-86. Today the poor guy is covered in spots. He isn’t clamping his fins, but is hiding a bit more and his color is a little more pale than yesterday, but neither is as bad as when I first brought him home. He isn’t eating a ton, but he hasn’t been much of an eater nice he came home. He picks at food a little, but doesn’t much go actively searching like the other two.

The other two being quarantined seem fine and I see no spots. The others aren’t harassing him too much as long as he stays in his “territory”. If he comes out near them they chase him a bit, but aren’t too agressive. I’ve only seen the other male physical towards him once. I’m keeping the tank lights off except to periodically check on him to help him relax and maybe hide a little better from the others.

Is there anything else I can do for him at this point other than wait. I plan to do a water change tomorrow (48 hours after the latest dose of super ick cure). I have Kordon ich attack at home and I have Ich X ordered, but it won’t be here until Thursday. I also have another quarantine tank that I could move him to. It isn’t cycled, though I do have sponges in my HOB filters that I could sink in the tank next to a sponge filter. I hesitate to do too much of anything because I know the GBRs don’t like change. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

coralbandit

Put a divider in the tank. NO sense moving him since the tank is now infected, but he will not recover with another male to harass him IME.
Change water and dose daily as ich can only be killed by meds when it is off the fish.
Best info on ich. Know your enemy.
Ich | The Skeptical Aquarist

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
SparkyJones
Replies
Views
kstots
Replies
Views
sfsamm