German Blue Ram PopEye

StanV
I have 2 German blue rams with 2 dwarf honey gouramis, 2 upside down catfish, 2 Plecos {blue eye BN and Rubber} and 1 blue Acara in a 55. 2 days ago I noticed his eyes started swelling up, now he has them a little cloudy and swelled. I believe what caused this was because maybe a week ago I was attempting to hand feed them with sinking shrimp sticks by Wardley. And i don’t know if all rams are like very social but mine come up to my my finger even though I’ve had them for only about 1 month. But when I was feeding him he accidentally scraped his forehead against the pellets and I noticed he had a little scratch between his eyes . He seems to be doing fine right now he still follows my finger and he don’t get bullied by the others. But his eyes are swollen and a little cloudy and this is the only tank I have. Can anyone please help me get rid of the swollen eyes?!

FishareFriends6
Have you been watching this get worse? Or has the fish had eyes like this since you got her? (It’s a girl btw)

I would say if it’s from friction then it will heal after swelling, just how we would. I’d recommend keeping an eye on it, she may be bullied which will cause stress, later resulting with a lowered immune system and a poorly fish.

Any signs of fungus or strange behaviour then definitely update this. I don’t think it’s drop eye, it just looks a bit swollen. I could be totally wrong of course.

- love the Acara

StanV
Fisharefriends20 said:
Have you been watching this get worse? Or has the fish had eyes like this since you got her? (It’s a girl btw)

I would say if it’s from friction then it will heal after swelling, just how we would. I’d recommend keeping an eye on it, she may be bullied which will cause stress, later resulting with a lowered immune system and a poorly fish.

Any signs of fungus or strange behaviour then definitely update this. I don’t think it’s drop eye, it just looks a bit swollen. I could be totally wrong of course.

- love the Acara
I think so, yesterday was a teeny bit smaller and no, it started 2 days ago and it’s not getting bullied. The other fish don’t care about the rams. Actually this one sometimes bullies the other ram. But I know for a fact it’s not getting bullied and like I said she follows me when I walk around the tank and comes up to my finger and how are you able to sex it? This is my first community tank, so all these fishes are a 1st for me. Before these I had an Oscar, but sadly passed away in December. Btw thank you, for complimenting the Acara, he’s gorgeous and cannot wait till he gets grown and gets his colors

FishareFriends6
If there is no bullying then just keep her fed and strong! The Acara has always interested me with the electric blue, similar to the rams.

I mainly keep rams and also breed them. I currently am breeding a black ram with a dark electric blue to see what happens!

Sexing:
A) Blue scales in black spot
B) Dorsal and analfin have a slightly different finish compared to males
C) The pink belly

Here is my new black female but she’s not fully coloured up yet. Also, her boyfriend. He is much bigger than her but you can see his spot is black and the dorsal fin is different. He has a long black spike too but she was distracting him when I came to take a photo...

65983B5E-7948-4B9A-8CC3-B456D1CCAC97.jpeg

60399F6E-A621-4650-AA66-E6E44FEF0EEC.jpeg

StanV
okay, I really hope it goes away! And yea acaras colors are so nice, especially this one because he’s an Electric Blue Acara, his colors are more vibrant than normal Blue acaras. And do you think Melafix would help her with eye? Because I have a little left that I had gotten because my other ram had bloated belly like 4 days ago
Fisharefriends20 said:
If there is no bullying then just keep her fed and strong! The Acara has always interested me with the electric blue, similar to the rams.

I mainly keep rams and also breed them. I currently am breeding a black ram with a dark electric blue to see what happens!

Sexing:
A) Blue scales in black spot
B) Dorsal and analfin have a slightly different finish compared to males
C) The pink belly

Here is my new black female but she’s not fully coloured up yet. Also, her boyfriend. He is much bigger than her but you can see his spot is black and the dorsal fin is different. He has a long black spike too but she was distracting him when I came to take a photo...

65983B5E-7948-4B9A-8CC3-B456D1CCAC97.jpeg

60399F6E-A621-4650-AA66-E6E44FEF0EEC.jpeg
okay, I really hope it goes away! And yea acaras colors are so nice, especially this one because he’s an Electric Blue Acara, his colors are more vibrant than normal Blue acaras. And do you think Melafix would help her with eye? Because I have a little left that I had gotten because my other ram had bloated belly like 4 days ago

coralbandit
The popeye and bloated belly would be symptoms of a bacterial issue IME ..

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom