German Blue Ram Parasite?

nil rare

HI everyone,
I have got two 2-month-old German blue rams. It has been 2 weeks since I have them. One of them is active with vibrant colors the other one however is strange! there are times it has vibrant colors and black lines but then there are times it loses those lining and almost turn pale! just today I saw that its poop was white! I looked around some people say if the poop is white it means they have internal parasites and its generally common in GBR so do you think it is internal parasite and if it is what medication should I use? I have other fish in my aquarium do you think I'd better just treat all of the tank with medication even if I am not sure its internal parasite or wait a bit longer?
Thank you

david1978

To treat or wait and see is a tough choice honestly. I have found medicated food to be gentler on the fish then meds you put in the water.

nil rare

To treat or wait and see is a tough choice honestly. I have found medicated food to be gentler on the fish then meds you put in the water.
Thank you what brand do you use?

david1978

Its been so long I can't really recommend a brand but look for something with levamisole in it.

nil rare

HI I need some expert feedback I bought 2 new GBR its has been 2 week since I had them suddenly 1 started losing color and lines on some days. yesterday I saw not only this GBR poop is white but my 2 other electric blue ram I had from before poops are white too. I looked closely to see if they have sunken abdomen it shows a bit but not sure if I am seeing it right or not. I have took some pictures for other people who have more experience to see and tell me if you think they have internal parasites? if yes what medication do you recommend?
Thank you

45669410_287627481859956_8448883502312587264_n.jpg
45801295_2157598154557575_3481184874465853440_n.jpg
45697036_320309058749645_2366865586727682048_n.jpg
45722432_321511781996521_8668640666563117056_n.jpg

AntsRule

Water temp, nitrates, nitrites, and ammonia readings please.

nil rare

Water temp, nitrates, nitrites, and ammonia readings please.
ph: 7.4
Ammonia: 0
Nitrate: 5ppm
Nitrite: 0
aquarium size: 36 gallon

AquaticJ

Temperature? This does not look like parasites. Didn’t you have a thread where you were having chasing issues? The loss of color would suggest that aggression is to blame. I can’t speak on the balloon Ram because those come with all sorts of health problems.

nil rare

Temperature? This does not look like parasites. Didn’t you have a thread where you were having chasing issues? The loss of color would suggest that aggression is to blame. I can’t speak on the balloon Ram because those come with all sorts of health problems.
Temp: 81 F
Yes but I provided different hiding places and the aggression is almost gone however one of the GBR sometimes turn pale and its poop was white which I noticed 5 days ago, then today I looked at the other GBR and the balloon ram and all of them had white poop (kinda with sunken abdomen also) which was not the case previously so I am just having the dilemma whether to get the meds and start treating them or wait a bit longer? because I don't want to getup one day and find all my fish dead.

Coradee

Welcome to Fishlore nil rare, we have merged several of your threads, please only create one thread per topic.

nil rare

Welcome to Fishlore nil rare, we have merged several of your threads, please only create one thread per topic.
Ok but no one responded I need help from someone for real

AquaticJ

To ease your mind, go ahead and treat with general cure. It’s mild but effective, and then you can rule out the worms. Unless of course you ever see red worms actually coming out of the fish. In my experience, white poop suggests stress more than parasites.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Lucasalc46
Replies
Views
JenC
Replies
Views
MacZ
Replies
Views