German Blue Ram Or Bolivian Ram?

Blue Ram or Bolivian?

• Total voters

Weepyworm

Reaction score
So my friend was tired of her fish tank and gave it to me with her 4 rams. It is a 30 gallon hex tank. She bought her fish from a local pet store and they sold them to her as German Blue Rams, but I think they are Bolivian. It was hard to tell because the last weeks she had them, the rams refused to eat. They lost ALL of their color and were very lethargic. BUT I have them eating again and changed decor which seemed to help. So any feedback on which Ram these guys are?
Before:
unnamed.jpg unnamed (7).jpg

After:
unnamed (2).jpg unnamed (1).jpg unnamed (10).jpg unnamed (12).jpg

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
They might be stressed being in a small tank. Hexes are not usually good tanks for fish, as they don't give much horizontal swimming space. Do you have another tank you can move them to?

OP
Weepyworm

Weepyworm

Reaction score
I figured they were Bolivian. I did a lot of comparisons but I wanted to make sure.
I feel they are stressed in the hex tank as well. There isn't enough space on the bottom to claI'm a spot for them selves. I'm working on getting a better set up for them (75 gallon), but I have only had them for less then a month and they have been in this tank for several years and they used to be paired with a kissing gourami. They also have never had any place to hide. All the years that my friend had them, she only decorated the tank with the roman columns and one anubis plant. That's it. And no the plants in the tank are not real.
I am just really happy they are swimming around and eating. I never have seen them swim even though I've seen them for years. =(

kayla.s

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Just asking, from what I could see the one in the back looked pretty real and I'm looking for some fake plants that look real

OP
Weepyworm

Weepyworm

Reaction score
kayla.s said:
Just asking, from what I could see the one in the back looked pretty real and I'm looking for some fake plants that look real
All the plants came from PetSmart....with the exception of the big floating plant. That came from hobby lobby (no metal wire inside)

New Threads