German Blue Ram Internal Parasite?

Lucasalc46

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hello all. I’ve got a German blue ram and it has white feces. I think this would be considered an internal parasite. Are there any other symptoms of an internal parasite?
My fish has been inactive also, not swimming around as much. Sometimes he does that before mating though. The fish also has fin rot I think. Could the factors the white feces or is it just an internal parasite?

Thanks
Lucas

Discus-Tang

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Well fin rot wouldn't cause white poop. My guppies (currently hosting internal parasites) often have white poo so it may be some sort of worm, though generally this is a later symptom.

SFGiantsGuy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It could be some type of internal parasite. I'm currently dealing with a few fish that had white poop and were sullen, hanging near the bottom or top, and also not eating. Lost 4 fish in the last 4 days. ( 1 SAE, 1 Oto, 2 Platys) This is the first time I've ever had any problems, ever. So I used General Cure, (which contains metronidazole and praziquantel) ICH-X (in case it was velvet) and Seachem Metroplex. (Super concentrated form of metronidazole) It's been the 4th day after a secondary dose, and everyone seems better now. Also dosed Paraguard as well. So it very much could be an internal parasite.

Lucasalc46

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Ok. All my amonia and nitrite are zero. Nirates are 5. And yes this is a recent photo. Thanks for the info guys

Lucasalc46

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
CB7CF9FB-86C8-45E4-BA9A-BEB78A13EA78.jpeg
AquaticJ said:
Is this a recent picture? Colors look good and I don't see fin rot. White feces don't always mean internal parasite. What are your ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate levels?
That is a picture literally 2 minutes ago. His fece is not white or stringy, and last time I didn’t really seem stringy. If this fish did have internal parasite, would all feces be white or just once in a while?

Thanks
Lucas

Lucasalc46

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Ok thanks, and the fin with fin rot is the lower ones, I forgot their names(ventral?). Do you know though if once the fish has the parasite, each fece will be white?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom