German Blue Ram :DDDD

1. Kerber23 Member Member

I donno, just needed to post it... they are laying eggs :D... 8th time lets hope this one is a sucess! Wish them luck

2. AlyeskaGirl Fishlore VIP Member

Oh, that sounds exciting!!! I hope it's successful!! :D

3. Kerber23 Member Member

Thank you thank you :DDD

4. Shadowbeam Member Member

Oh congrats!! Best of look to you and your budding parent Rams ^^

5. Kerber23 Member Member

thank you :)

6. Regal Well Known Member Member

Good luck! You must be taking good care of them if they are happy enough to breed.

7. Kerber23 Member Member

thanks :) i try... the most dificult part is the PH >.< but luckly they have survived my blunders

8. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Best wishes for some healthy fry!
    Ken

9. Kerber23 Member Member

Thanks Aquarust48 :)

10. Kerber23 Member Member

:;toast to momma and poppa fish... the eggs are still here after night..

Attached Files:

11. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Wow, that's awesome! Best of luck and please keep us posted!

12. Kerber23 Member Member

Update: Eggs still there... cant see them but male hasnt moved from back of the tank... just fed them :d

13. Kerber23 Member Member

So should the eggs. hatch... O,o any ideas what to do with them :/?

14. Kerber23 Member Member

Pleco ate some eggs... or i got him just before... :( i hope i got him in time... the male is still hanging where he was before... so *crosses finger*... i turned off the light cuz i might have stressed them out when i got the pleco out of the tank... did i handle the situation right?

15. btate617 Well Known Member Member

Thats all you could have done. Pleco are great at eating eggs once lights are out. They may eat the eggs since you stressed them out by getting in the tank, but they will do it again.

I wouldn't suggest having a pleco in any tank where you are trying to breed fish, unless it is in a tank with immediate mouthbrooders. (I wouldn't even have them in a tank with delayed mouthbrodders)

One thing you can do if you have a tank you are using to breed fish in that also has other fish, except pleco's like I already said. In my experience the pairs are great parents either way with cichlids but I have found them to be more diligent once the eggs hatch and you have wigglers. So for the 2-3 days once you notice the eggs leave the lights on. While normally they are very good at defending their spot like I said IME they are better once they hatch. Leaving the lights on seems to keep the sneaky fish away once the lights are out.

Good luck!

Brian

16. Kerber23 Member Member

17. Kerber23 Member Member

Day-2: Looks like the Pleco didnt get all of them... and my net getting the pleco didnt disturb the rams... the male is still gaurding... the female taking shorter turns untill i fed the male, now hes being the best papa fish around :) took off the filter intake and placed a biofilter in the tube ahhh... only 1 or 2 more days

18. btate617 Well Known Member Member

Right on Kerber good luck.

Brian

19. Kerber23 Member Member

thanks for your kind luck :D

End of Day 2: parents still gaurding... this is the longest they have survived :)

20. Kerber23 Member Member

mid way through day 3.... Parents are getting impatient... should be today :O